10. There are 153 million orphans and vulnerable children around the world.
9. There are nearly 400,000 children living without permanent families in the United States.
8. You have a big heart and want to reach out to a child who, by no fault of their own, doesn’t have a family.
7. Vulnerable youth face challenges that they wouldn’t if in a stable family.
6. Children with stable home lives do better in school.
5. Adoption is more affordable than you may think.
4. Want a large family? Sibling groups would love to find a home together.
3. Children with parents and stability have a better chance to reach their full potential.
2. You don’t have to be a biological parent to truly be a parent.
1. Every child deserves the chance at a forever family.
Congresswoman Michele Bachmann is the Co-Chair of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption. For more information on how you can make a difference in a child's life, visit http://www.ccainstitute.org/. And to learn more about National Adoption Day, click here.