13. The wonderful staff that keep the Capitol running
Smiles, hugs, and fashion advice from the fabulous Maria make going to the House Floor for votes even better.
Even when I’m rushing to the Capitol, I’ll always take time to talk to my buddy James, one of our train operators in Rayburn.
8. Friendly chats with Nancy Pelosi
6. MSNBC’s even-handed reporting
5. Access to some of the greatest minds
4. Speech prep with my staff
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He thought two of them were Middle Eastern, but they weren't.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝