1. One year ago today the number of Syrians registered as refugees or awaiting registration was 230,671.
2. More than 97% of Syria’s refugees are hosted by countries in the immediate surrounding region.
3. An average of almost 5,000 Syrians flee into neighboring countries every day.
4. UNHCR tents await newly arrived Syrian refugees at a transit center in northern Iraq:
5. Fifty-two percent of the Syrian refugee population is under 17 years old.
6. Refugee numbers: 110,000 in Egypt; 168,000 in Iraq; 460,000 in Turkey; 515,000 in Jordan; and 716,000 in Lebanon.
7. Inside Syria, 4.25 million people are displaced, according to data from the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎