1. One year ago today the number of Syrians registered as refugees or awaiting registration was 230,671.
2. More than 97% of Syria’s refugees are hosted by countries in the immediate surrounding region.
3. An average of almost 5,000 Syrians flee into neighboring countries every day.
4. UNHCR tents await newly arrived Syrian refugees at a transit center in northern Iraq:
5. Fifty-two percent of the Syrian refugee population is under 17 years old.
6. Refugee numbers: 110,000 in Egypt; 168,000 in Iraq; 460,000 in Turkey; 515,000 in Jordan; and 716,000 in Lebanon.
7. Inside Syria, 4.25 million people are displaced, according to data from the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
- At least 21 people died after a magnitude-6.2 earthquake hit central Italy. The mayor of Amatrice said, "the town isn't here anymore."
- Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.