2. “As a proud alum of the first-ever Congressional Women’s Softball Game, I’m honored to have the privilege of throwing out the first pitch tonight,” Giffords said of the event, MSNBC reported.
Every year, this game is a shining example of how women leaders in Congress – Republicans and Democrats – can come together to take on the women of the Washington press corps and, most importantly, raise funds and awareness for young women with breast cancer.
3. After showing us all how it’s done, she took time to make fun of 50 Cent’s horrible first pitch at last month’s Mets game:
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court by the end of next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the veteran journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a heated White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻