U.S. astronaut Tom Marshburn ®, Russian cosmonaut Roman Romanenko © and Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield sit after leaving the Russian Soyuz space capsule following its landing some 93 miles southeast of the town of Zhezkazgan in central Kazakhstan.
Expedition 35 Commander Kevin Chris Hadfield and Flight Engineers Tom Marshburn and Roman Romanenko landed their Soyuz TMA-07M spacecraft in southern Kazakhstan at 10:31 p.m. EDT Monday.
Russian recovery teams were on hand to help the crew exit the Soyuz vehicle and adjust to gravity after 146 days in space.
The trio launched aboard the Soyuz TMA-07M spacecraft from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan in December and spent 144 days living and working aboard the International Space Station.
Romanenko was at the controls of the spacecraft as it undocked at 7:08 p.m. Monday from the Rassvet module.
4. Russian Cosmonaut Roman Romanenko:
Roman Romanenko has been extracted from the spacecraft
5. American Astronaut Tom Marshburn:
Tom Marshburn is now out of the spacecraft as well
6. Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield:
First Photo: @Cmdr_Hadfield has been successfully extracted from the Soyuz capsule
144 days on the #ISS, 146 days in space, 2,336 orbits around the planet and clocked almost 62 million miles. What a ride!
@Cmdr_Hadfield makes a dramatic arrival! Welcome home, Chris!!! We’re so glad to finally see you!
#Soyuz capsule lands safely at 10:31 pm EDT on the steppe of Kazakhstan. All 3 crew members are safe and adjusting to gravity.
Canadian Prime Minster:
Thanking @Cmdr_Hadfield for his inspiring contribution to discovery and for making all Canadians proud!
I’m pleased to see that @Cmdr_Hadfield is safely back on planet earth. A reminder that our potential is limitless when we aim high.
Video Of Expedition 35 Crew Landing Safely in Kazakhstan:
Commander Chris Hadfield’s first tweet from Earth after spending 146 days in space:
- Election forecasts are everywhere these days, but what do they really mean? Here's what they tell us 🔍
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️