1. Update: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:53 P.M. EST
Dennis Rodman Arrives In North Korea.
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman, center, pushes his luggage pass through a group of Chinese security officers as he makes his way to the check in counter at the departure hall of Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing.
PYONGYANG, North Korea – Flamboyant former-NBA star Dennis Rodman is heading to North Korea with VICE media company — tattoos, piercings, bad-boy reputation, and all.
The American known as “The Worm” is set to arrive Tuesday in Pyongyang, becoming an unlikely ambassador for sports diplomacy at a time of heightened tensions between the U.S. and North Korea.
TV crews surround Dennis Rodman, a former NBA star at the departure hall of Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013.
Members of the Harlem Globetrotters basketball team gesture as they prepare to check in with former NBA star Dennis Rodman at the departure hall of Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing.
Korea Bureau Chief for the Associated Press:
This man is en route to #NKorea. Watch out, #Pyongyang! @dennisrodman @ap waiting at Sunan airport. http://t.co/jqqH0trNQn— Jean H. Lee
Twitter Reacts To The News:
Kim Jong Un likes basketball + is weird. He and Dennis Rodman are going to get along just fine.— Blake Hounshell
Just choked on a microwable lava brownie reading the headline “Dennis Rodman worms his way into North Korea”— kelly b
How the fuck Dennis Rodman get into North Korea…..— DJ Crip
In Argo II, Dennis Rodman has to be exfiltrated by @josecanseco— Tim Dickinson
Dennis Rodman is a sports ambassador to North Korea. You canâ€™t make this stuff up.— jason yeh
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲