The Pinewood Village apartment complex in Federal Way.
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. (AP) — Police say five people are dead in a shooting at an apartment complex south of Seattle, including a suspect who was shot by officers responding to the chaotic scene.
Federal Way police spokeswoman Cathy Schrock says officers responded to a 9:30 p.m. Sunday emergency call in Federal Way of shots being fired.
Arriving police spotted two injured men on the ground in a parking lot and one of them reached for a gun as the officers moved in to assist them.
Update: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 4:15 a.m. ET:
A large contingent of police officers converged on the scene to help search the area, but by 11:30 p.m. officials said no one else was being sought in connection with the killings.
It was not clear what prompted the initial shootings.
No officers were hurt, and the names of the five people who were killed have not been released.
Update: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 4:32 a.m. ET:
8. Federal Way Police Department:
FW Officers responding to a shooting, PIO headed to command post 330 and PAC Hwy S. updates to follow— Federal Way Police
Federal Way PD Shooting investigation continues. 5 confirmed adult victims (4 men/1female). Next briefing/update approx 0130 hrs— Federal Way Police
Road Closure as a result of FWPD shooting investigation. Pac Hwy S between 336 and 330th. Also 333rd is closed from Pac Hwy S to 20th AV S— Federal Way Police
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- Women are arguing about whether people who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- People are melting after a girl shared photos of her pitbull on Twitter in order to speak out against laws banning the animal 🐶😭