The Pinewood Village apartment complex in Federal Way.
FEDERAL WAY, Wash. (AP) — Police say five people are dead in a shooting at an apartment complex south of Seattle, including a suspect who was shot by officers responding to the chaotic scene.
Federal Way police spokeswoman Cathy Schrock says officers responded to a 9:30 p.m. Sunday emergency call in Federal Way of shots being fired.
Arriving police spotted two injured men on the ground in a parking lot and one of them reached for a gun as the officers moved in to assist them.
Update: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 4:15 a.m. ET:
A large contingent of police officers converged on the scene to help search the area, but by 11:30 p.m. officials said no one else was being sought in connection with the killings.
It was not clear what prompted the initial shootings.
No officers were hurt, and the names of the five people who were killed have not been released.
Update: Monday, April 22, 2013 - 4:32 a.m. ET:
8. Federal Way Police Department:
FW Officers responding to a shooting, PIO headed to command post 330 and PAC Hwy S. updates to follow— Federal Way Police
Federal Way PD Shooting investigation continues. 5 confirmed adult victims (4 men/1female). Next briefing/update approx 0130 hrs— Federal Way Police
Road Closure as a result of FWPD shooting investigation. Pac Hwy S between 336 and 330th. Also 333rd is closed from Pac Hwy S to 20th AV S— Federal Way Police
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎶
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.