1. While most NYC residents were inside, taking refuge from the city’s first major blizzard of 2016, Casey Neistat, a 34-year-old YouTuber decided to go snowboarding through the streets of the Big Apple.
Neistat is a popular YouTuber and his account boasts nearly 2 million subscribers. You may remember Neistat from last year when he filmed his friend and collaboration partner, Jesse Wellens, as Aladdin traveling on a “magic carpet.”
3. He says that he had no reservations while snowboarding on the icy terrain. However, there were a few difficulties encountered while filming.
They didn’t have rope to use while traveling through the city so they resorted to using a 30-foot HDMI cable. The other skier in the video, Oscar, used two extension cords that were tied together.
4. And as far as getting around the traveling ban issued by Mayor Bill de Blasio, Neistat says they avoided it by driving “really carefully.”
Neistat used a 30-foot HDMI cable. A previous version of this story misstated the length.
- White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻