3. The Color Purple (1985)
Sophia: “All my life I had to fight. I had to fight my daddy. I had to fight my uncles. I had to fight my brothers. A girl child ain’t safe in a family of men, but I ain’t never thought I’d have to fight in my own house! I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I’ll kill him dead fo’ I let him beat me.”
9. Waiting To Exhale (1995)
Bernadine: The worst thing is that he made me move out here where my children are in school with only one other black kid so they won’t be improperly influenced. Well, guess what John, You’re the motherfuckin’ improper influence! Get your shit! Get your shit! And get out!
10. A Low Down Dirty Shame (1994)
Peaches: Oh, so you wanna box, is that what it is? You want some of this? You know what? There ain’t nothin’ to it, but to do it. You know what I’m sayin’, all we gotta do is push this to the side and there ain’t nothing but space and opportunity here. You know what I’m sayin’? Do you want some of this?
14. Set It Off (1996)
Frankie: In collusion? Let me tell you something! I am here at 8:20 sharp every morning and I work my ass off until quitting time. Yesterday, I counted $240,000 by hand for you! That’s how you should know! I mean, come on! This is just not right! I nearly got blown away in your tight-ass f**king bank, and you’re going to fire me?
17. The Best Man (1999)
Shelby: Ah, Harper Stewart. Richard Wrong. Langston Snooze.
Harper Stewart: Hi, Shelby.
Shelby: I heard about your book, and I don’t think it’s cute Harper. You know, the next time you want to characterize me in one of your little projects, do me a favor.
Harper Stewart: What would that be, Shelby?
Quotes via IMDB
If you can think of more lines, go ahead and add yours!
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- Republicans worked overnight trying to finalize a deal that would allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, says the FBI.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.