2. Make cranberry ketchup from scratch.
The cranberry ketchup starts off easy — onions and cranberries simmer on the range until the berries collapse.
Then blend it up until it’s a nice puree with some brown sugar and salt.
Shred the potatoes with a cheese grater. Make sure you strain them after shredding to get all the moisture out.
Use a ramekin to form a nice round “latke bun.” You can also do it the old fashioned way and let the latke be free form.
Fry it up good! (Gotta use 8 days worth of oil.)
Assemble the delicious turkey burger on top of the crispy latke bun.
Dollop with the tart and sweet cranberry ketchup (alternately you can use a sour cream or applesauce blend if you want to lean more Chanukah.)
Garnish with greens…and you have the best of both holidays on a plate!
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.