2. Monday, May 6 - Indianapolis, Indiana
4-year-old boy shoots self in hand with father’s gun: Indianapolis’ RTV6 reported the child shot himself after removing a gun from his father’s safe, according to Indianapolis Police.
4. Tuesday, May 7 - Houston, Texas
7-year-old boy shot by brother with .22-caliber rifle: The Houston Chronicle reported the boys were in the bathtub when their mother stepped away. The boy got out, found the rifle and accidentally shot his brother, according to Houston Police.
5. Wednesday, May 8 - Corsicana, Texas
2-year-old boy shoots, kills self with handgun: The Houston Chronicle reported the boy found the gun in a bedroom and shot himself in the head as his father was in a nearby walk-in closet.
According to the Children’s Defense Fund, one-third of all households with children younger than 18 have a gun, and more than 40 percent of gun-owning households with children store their guns unlocked, the Sun Sentinel reported. The fund also reported that 22 percent of children with gun-owning parents handled guns in their homes without their parents’ knowledge.
- DNC Day 1 is done: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠🇺🇸
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed the first round-the-world solar-powered flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️