2. Monday, May 6 - Indianapolis, Indiana
4-year-old boy shoots self in hand with father’s gun: Indianapolis’ RTV6 reported the child shot himself after removing a gun from his father’s safe, according to Indianapolis Police.
4. Tuesday, May 7 - Houston, Texas
7-year-old boy shot by brother with .22-caliber rifle: The Houston Chronicle reported the boys were in the bathtub when their mother stepped away. The boy got out, found the rifle and accidentally shot his brother, according to Houston Police.
5. Wednesday, May 8 - Corsicana, Texas
2-year-old boy shoots, kills self with handgun: The Houston Chronicle reported the boy found the gun in a bedroom and shot himself in the head as his father was in a nearby walk-in closet.
According to the Children’s Defense Fund, one-third of all households with children younger than 18 have a gun, and more than 40 percent of gun-owning households with children store their guns unlocked, the Sun Sentinel reported. The fund also reported that 22 percent of children with gun-owning parents handled guns in their homes without their parents’ knowledge.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀