2. Monday, May 6 - Indianapolis, Indiana
4-year-old boy shoots self in hand with father’s gun: Indianapolis’ RTV6 reported the child shot himself after removing a gun from his father’s safe, according to Indianapolis Police.
4. Tuesday, May 7 - Houston, Texas
7-year-old boy shot by brother with .22-caliber rifle: The Houston Chronicle reported the boys were in the bathtub when their mother stepped away. The boy got out, found the rifle and accidentally shot his brother, according to Houston Police.
5. Wednesday, May 8 - Corsicana, Texas
2-year-old boy shoots, kills self with handgun: The Houston Chronicle reported the boy found the gun in a bedroom and shot himself in the head as his father was in a nearby walk-in closet.
According to the Children’s Defense Fund, one-third of all households with children younger than 18 have a gun, and more than 40 percent of gun-owning households with children store their guns unlocked, the Sun Sentinel reported. The fund also reported that 22 percent of children with gun-owning parents handled guns in their homes without their parents’ knowledge.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.