1. Chicken Fajita Sweet Potato Skins
2. Here’s a video showing you how:
2 sweet potatoes
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
½ onion, sliced
1 chicken breast
3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, divided
For the fajita seasoning:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Using a fork, poke holes down one side of each sweet potato. Microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Let sweet potatoes cool before handling.
3. Next, cut sweet potatoes in half and carve out the centers, leaving a small rim around the outside of each sweet potato.
4. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Add the bell peppers and onion to the other side of the baking sheet. Drizzle in olive oil.
5. Next, mix the fajita seasoning ingredients together. Season the sweet potatoes and veggies.
6. Add chicken breast on top of the veggies, drizzle in olive oil and add additional seasoning.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165˚F/75˚C. Let cool for a few minutes.
8. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix together with the veggies. Fill up the sweet potatoes and top with mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
10. Garnish with your favorite toppings (we used guacamole and cilantro).
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.