9 Easy Frozen Treats
Watch the recipe video here:
Strawberry Banana "Nice" Cream
3 bananas, cut in coins and frozen
½ cup strawberries, frozen
½ cup milk of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour contents into a loaf or small pan.
3. Freeze one hour or until solid.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Yogurt Bark
2 cups Greek yogurt
¼ cup honey
¼ cup dark cocoa powder
2 tablespoons peanut butter, melted, to serve
Pretzels, to serve
1.Mix yogurt and honey in a bowl. Slowly mix in cocoa powder until fully incorporated.
2.Pour mixture into a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Add desired amount of pretzels and drizzle in peanut butter.
3.Freeze for 6 hours, or overnight, until frozen solid.
4.Break yogurt bark into desired number of pieces.
5.Serve cold, or store in a closed container in the freezer.
Strawberry Kiwi Popsicles
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1½ cups water
1. Slice kiwis into thin slices, and remove the skin.
2. Fill a 6-slot popsicle mold with the fruit.
3. Fill in the gaps of air with water.
4. Freeze the popsicles for at least 5 hours.
5. Take the frozen popsicles out of the ice molds.
1 pound sliced peaches, frozen
2 tablespoons honey, or preferred sweetener
1.Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender until thoroughly combined.
2.Pour into a rectangular loaf pan and smooth into an even layer.
3.Freeze for 2 hours, or until frozen but still a little soft for scooping. If freezing overnight, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, but let it sit out at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before scooping.
4.Scoop into a bowl.
Frozen Yogurt Granola Cups
4 tablespoons peanut butter
4 tablespoons honey
2 cups granola
2½ cups Greek yogurt
Strawberries, to serve
Blueberries, to serve
Dark chocolate chunks, to serve
1. Heat peanut butter and honey in microwave for approximately 30 seconds, or until melted. In a medium-sized bowl, pour melted peanut butter and honey over granola and stir to combine.
2. Spoon granola mix evenly into 12 lined muffin cups, pressing firmly into the bottom.
3. Top each cup with about 1.5 ounces (or 1/3 of a single-serving container) of yogurt.
4. Top each cup with strawberries, blueberries and dark chocolate chunks.
5. Cover tightly with foil and freeze for at least 2 hours.
6. Keep frozen and allow to thaw for a few minutes before eating. Wrap individually in foil for an easy on-the-go snack.
Vanilla Bean Frozen Blended Drink
1 cup milk of choice
1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
1 banana, frozen
1 cup ice
Whipped cream, to serve
Sprinkle of chocolate shavings, to serve
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
2. Serve in a glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
3 cups Greek yogurt
2 tablespoon pure matcha powder
¼ cup honey
1. Combine ingredients into a food processor or high-speed blender.
2. Pour into a pan and smooth into an even layer.
3. Freeze for 2 hours, or until frozen but still a little soft for scooping. If freezing overnight, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, but let it sit out at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before scooping.
4. Scoop into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
Orange Coconut Cream Popsicles
1 15-ounce can coconut milk
1¼ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1.Place the coconut milk, orange juice, and honey in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
2.Pour the coconut mixture into popsicle molds filled almost to the brim.
3.Freeze the popsicles for at least 4 hours.
4.Unmold the popsicles, and enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Banana
3 cups dark chocolate
3 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons almond milk
1. Cut the bananas in half horizontally.
2. Insert popsicle sticks in the middle of the banana halves. Transfer bananas to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and freeze until solid.
3. In a tall glass or mixing cup, add chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals for 1 minute and a half, and mix until smooth.
4. In a bowl, mix the peanut butter and almond milk until smooth.
5. Place desired toppings onto a plate. Dip the bananas into the chocolate coating, then roll or sprinkle on toppings.
6. Place bananas in freezer until the coating has hardened.