1. President Obama came up with a healthcare plan called "Obamacare" which will provide everyone with affordable health insurance.
2. However, a majority of republicans in Congress feel that this plan is unfair to the rich because their rates will increase. And those who don't want to buy insurance will have to pay a penalty.They are deciding to vote against it.
3. This is making it really difficult for Obama to pass the bill. So now Congress and the President are facing off in another supreme court spending showdown.
4. Republican Senator Ted Cruz of Texas is a leading force for why the bill is being delayed.
5. The Republicans in the House passed two spending bill amendments. One that would delay Obamacare for a year and one that would decline Obamacare's medical device tax.
6. Unless Congress and Obama can play nice and come up with a deal on a spending bill Monday, the government will begin to close for the first time since 1995.
7. Government programs need money to operate. If they can't agree on how to fund those programs they will come to a halt until a definite decision is made.
8. If the government shuts down that means many workers will be affected and left unpaid for up to four weeks.
9. For example, park rangers would start locking up national parks. If you need a federal loan, you'll have to wait. If you want a gun permit or a passport, that won't happen anytime soon.
10. However, your mail will still get delivered and the military will still continue to fight.
11. If the government does in fact shut down this week, Obama will still have to fight to pass his bill.
12. And we'll just have to deal with the reprecussions and wait to see what happens.