1. Tuck and cover with an elastic headband:
2. Or ditch the headband and loop your ponytail through for a no-fuss updo:
Just add a bobby pin or two to secure any loose ends. More info here.
3. Tease your roots all around for an easy second-day refresh:
(Also — switch up your part, too:)
4. Thick, textured hair? Separate the bangs for quick volume at the crown:
5. Boost day-old roots by sweeping them up and pushing them back:
Find this and other styles at Cosmopolitan.
6. Toss your hair into a top knot — then teeease:
7. Or pull your hair around a donut ring + wrap an easy twist around its base:
Donuts saving the day, as usual. Step-by-step here.
8. Know that it's possible to bring second-day curls back to life:
9. For subtle waves, apply dry shampoo the night before, then sleep in a messy top knot:
Easiest overnight style ever. More info here.
10. Dress up a simple ponytail by teasing the crown:
11. Or add extra volume with the help of velcro and spin pins:
12. If teasing's not your thing, double up on ponytails:
A similar trick also works if you have thin or really layered hair:
Though this one's less about volume, and more about making sure those shorter layers stay put. More info here.
13. Quickly refresh curls with an easy mix of water + leave-in conditioner:
14. To disguise greasy roots, braid your crown straight back:
15. You can also pull the braid forward and to the side:
16. Or up and over:
Loosen it slightly for a thicker braid that'll cover oily roots in a flash. Video here.
17. If you curled your hair the day before, twist the front section into a victory roll: