So, what's a poke cake?
True to its name, it's a cake that you poke holes in after baking. The holes are then filled with a liquid or filling — like condensed milk, pureed fruit, chocolate cream, or pudding — to infuse extra flavor into every bite. Here are 15 ways to make one.
1. Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake
This version uses caramel-sweetened condensed milk — but regular caramel sauce would work too. Recipe here.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
3. Cinnamon Carrot Poke Cake
4. Blueberry Lemon Poke Cake
5. Red Velvet Poke Cake
6. Triple-Layer Tres Leches Cake
7. Tiramisu Poke Cake
8. Hot Lemon Poke Bundt Cake
When life gives you lemons, make cakes that you can punch holes in. Recipe here.
9. Triple Berry Almond Poke Cake
10. Guinness Chocolate Poke Cake
11. Cannoli Poke Cake
12. Strawberry Vanilla Poke Cake
13. Pumpkin Caramel Apple Poke Cake
Sharing = optional. Recipe here.