3. But ~Mozzarella Stick Onion Rings~ are GREAT.
5. Best of all? They’re easier to make than you think.
8. Give it a quick dredge in egg, bread crumbs, and flour:
9. Toss it into some ~hawt~ oil:
10. And let everything fry until crispy and golden brown:
11. Serve with marinara, then feast!
12. Mozzarella Stick Onion Rings
Recipe by Alvin Zhou for BuzzFeed Tasty
2 large white onions
3–4 slices mozzarella cheese
2 cups flour
2 cups bread crumbs
Oil, for frying
Peel and cut onions into 1-centimeter rings, then separate the rings.
Slice the mozzarella into 4 even strips, and place a smaller onion ring in the center of a larger one. Fill the gap between the rings with strips of mozzarella. Repeat with remaining onion rings and freeze them for 1 hour.
Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls. Dip each prepared ring into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs, then back into the egg, and one last time into the bread crumbs. Repeat with the remaining onion rings.
Heat the oil in a pot over high heat. Fry the rings until golden brown, being careful not to fry them for too long as the cheese may ooze out completely.
Drain on a paper towel, then serve with marinara!