7. According to her mom, Rosanne, the lifestyle change has given Maddy a newfound energy and confidence.
She says her daughter wants to use that to achieve her dream of modeling — then use it as a platform to drive awareness.
8. With the help of her mom, Maddy explains on her Facebook page: “Modeling will help change [society’s] view of people with Down Syndrome … Exposure will help to create acceptance.”
10. But Rosanne also remembers a time when that realization was harder to come by for some.
13. At the same time, Maddy — who is looking for an agent — is very secure in herself. And Rosanne takes every opportunity to encourage that in her daughter.
“I have made a point of never letting anyone be critical of her,” she said. “[I tell Maddy] every day how amazing, funny, smart, beautiful, [and] wonderful she is.”
14. It’s that confidence — and beauty, both inside and out — that Rosanne wants others to see.
17. “People with Down syndrome can do anything. They just do it at their own pace,” she said. “Give them a chance and you will be rewarded beyond your greatest expectations.”
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.