2. And there are times you want to step up your dessert game and get a little ~fancy~ with it.
4. Here’s how to make it…
8. Pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes — then BEHOLD YOUR BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATE ORB.
(And TBH, no judgment if you just want to stop here bc the ~chocolate orb~ is already pretty badass on its own.)
10. Then make your sundae stack for the filling:
BROWNIES + ICE CREAM, Y’ALL.
11. Gently place the chocolate bomb over the stack:
15. And watch as it ~beautifully shatters~…
16. To reveal the glorious sundae inside:
Now complete with the best black-and-white sauce ever.
19. Magic Chocolate Bomb Sundae
You’ll need one of these clear, fillable plastic ornaments for this recipe.
½ cup white chocolate chips
2 small brownies (homemade or store-bought)
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
½ cup raspberries
½ cup blueberries
1 cup chocolate chips
¾ cup heavy cream
Put the white chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring the chocolate between each interval, until melted.
Open the plastic ornament and pour the white chocolate into one of the halves. Close the ornament and slowly rotate it so the white chocolate coats the entire inside evenly. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Remove the ornament from the freezer and carefully open it to remove the white chocolate ball. (Be gentle; the ball is hollow and delicate.)
Run very hot water over a spoon to warm it. Dry the back of the spoon and then use it to smooth the seam that runs around the center of the ball. Run very hot water over a bowl with a flat bottom, dry it, and then put the white chocolate ball on the upside-down bowl and gently twist it, allowing the bottom of the ball to melt, making a 2-inch hole.
On a serving plate, stack the 2 brownies and then top them with the scoop of ice cream. Carefully lower the white chocolate ball over the brownies and ice cream so that the brownies and ice cream end up inside the ball. Surround the ball with the raspberries and blueberries.
To prepare the chocolate sauce, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the sauce is glossy and smooth.
For the finale, slowly pour the hot chocolate sauce all over the ball in a circular motion. The white chocolate ball will melt and reveal the brownies and ice cream inside.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺