13 Easy Ways To Drink More Water Every Day
Let's raise a glass. (Or better yet, several.)
1. Set a specific goal for the day.
Maybe you already drink a decent amount of water every day — or maybe you hardly drink any. Start by figuring out how much you consume now, and how much you should consume. Then zero in on real numbers: like going from four to nine glasses per day.
2. Invest in a water bottle that you'll actually use — and keep it close.
The Swell water bottle is stainless steel and will keep your drink cold for 24 hours, or hot for 12. (It's also double-walled, so you don't have to deal with a frosty beverage dripping all over your purse.) The Asobu water bottle is dishwasher-safe and has a center compartment for infusions.
3. Or DIY a custom bottle — with deadlines.
5. Infuse your water with fruits, vegetables, or herbs.
Add a favorite flavor or two for variety — like berries, citrus, or lavender. You can find these and other ideas for infused water here.
7. Squeeze a drink into the daily routines you already have.
8. Use a straw.
You'll drink more, and you'll drink faster. Win-win.
9. Make a water wager.
10. Hydrate with water-based foods.
Foods like cucumbers, salad greens, grapefruit, cantaloupe, homemade water-based ice pops, and (of course) watermelon all rank high in water content and can help keep you refreshed throughout the day.
11. Or order something spicy.
Garnish your meal with chili flakes or fresh peppers and you'll be reaching for more water in no time. Another benefit of adding heat? Some studies show that spicy food may help boost your metabolism.
12. Cut juice with sparkling water.
For an easy way to lighten up sugary fruit juices, spike them with sparkling water. Think of it as a makeshift alternative to soda — and a quick way to hydrate and satisfy your sweet tooth.