We recently asked BuzzFeed Life’s editors, writers, and readers to share the favorite healthy recipe they made this past year. Here’s what they said.
2. Quinoa, Feta, and Spinach-Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
“These were one of my summer staples. They’re so easy to put together and super versatile. To make them more filling, I’ve swapped the quinoa for brown rice and added ground turkey.” —Melissa Harrison
4. Whipped Banana Oatmeal with Ground Flax
“This recipe is great because you can peel and freeze bananas when they’re super ripe and about to rot, and then just have them on hand all the time. As you cook the sliced banana in the oatmeal, it dissolves and not only makes the oats perfectly sweet but also makes them fluffy and more voluminous, which feels really satisfying.” —Christine Byrne
6. Spaghetti Squash with Bacon, Spinach & Goat Cheese
“I am OBSESSED with this recipe, no exaggeration. It made me change my mind about spaghetti squash “pastas” — which I previously thought were an abomination — because it’s so damn delicious and easy.” —Anna Borges
7. Tomato & Sausage Soup
“This is such an easy soup to throw together. I usually just use 1 tbsp of fat in it, and sometimes use regular Italian sausage instead of chicken (though it’s higher in fat that way). It’s a quick, easy, warm recipe that I can eat for a few days.” —Natalie Brown
10. Blueberry Cheesecake Frozen Pops
“These blueberry cheesecake popsicles made with cottage cheese are a great snack for a protein pick-me-up, plus there’s no added sugar. Just pureed blueberries!” —Erin Plunkett, Facebook
11. Chicken, Bean & Spinach Soup
“Cost-effective, freezer-friendly, and perfect for those trying to keep both their figure and bank account in check.” —Zoraya Smalley, Facebook
16. Banana Ice Cream
“You literally just freeze chopped bananas, then blend them in a food processor until they’re smooth. It’s so simple and tastes as great as actual ice cream — minus the added sugar and preservatives.” —GoldenZ
17. Curried Yellow Split Pea Soup
“I make this curried yellow split pea soup at least twice a month. It’s vegan, full of protein and fiber, and SO incredibly good.” —Sarah Schutz, Facebook
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called "global gag rule," barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- Samsung finally explained why its Galaxy Note 7 kept catching fire, blaming a combo of faulty batteries and improper welding in the phones📱🔥
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹