1. Memorize these five steps for foolproof, oven-baked chicken breasts:
Then make a big batch on Sunday for easy, grab-and-go lean protein that you can add to salads or stuff into pitas throughout the week. These can go from prep to plate in about 30 minutes.
2. Snack smarter with better-for-you options that you can keep at your desk.
Prepacked snacks FTW.
3. Swap the occasional soda for iced tea instead.
You can even brew your own with an at-home teamaker. Not a fan of the unsweetened stuff? Add lemons, limes, or even muddled berries for added flavor — or experiment with fun tea flavors like super fruit or licorice and mint.
5. For an easy, protein-packed dip, mix Greek yogurt with almond butter, cinnamon, and a bit of honey.
This would go great with apples or, for something sweet-and-savory, pretzel sticks. Find the dip recipe here.
6. Braise or poach fish instead of frying it.
Cooking the fish in liquid means that you don’t have to add any extra calories or fat in the form of oil — and the fish will still retain a ton of flavor. Find the recipe for ginger-soy poached salmon at Nutritionist in the Kitch.
7. Ditch booze loaded with sugary mixers, and sweeten cocktails with fruit instead.
Here’s a list of lighter cocktails that don’t require a ton of sugar-heavy mixers. Cheers!