1. Everyone wants to come to your house to "hear them talk"
2. ... but then there's the inevitable "so...why don't you have an accent?"
3. They're VERY proud of their heritage- in weird ways
4. American staples like the PB&J were never served
5. Eating at 8pm seemed normal, until you went to an American house
6. Homeland music was what you were raised on
7. You've been asked hundreds of times "OMG can you like talk in a British accent?"
8. Not having an American passport made traveling extremely hard
9. Having to calculate time changes to call or Skype any relative
10. You have a slight allegiance crisis during the Olympics
11. Having to fill out your parents education for ACT is challenging
12. and don't even get me started on college applications
13. Trying to explain how things work to them is a physical battle
14. All you get when you want chocolate is "how much better my chocolate is"
15. When they get mad, they turn into different people
16. "So, do you like, love tea? And crumpets? And the Queen?!"
17. You wouldn't trade your cultural, confusing upbringing for anything in the world.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!