Get A Little Fancy And Make These Hasselback Sweet Potatoes Tonight
They're super easy, but you'll look like a pro.
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes 4 Ways
4 sweet potatoes
Olive oil, to taste
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1 piece of bacon, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
½ avocado, thinly sliced
Chipotle Aioli Sauce:
¼ cup Greek yogurt
¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 tablespoon of water
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Make a series of slices across the sweet potatoes from tip to tip about ¼ inch thick.
3. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
4. Brush potatoes with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 1 hour, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
6. Dress one potato with maple syrup, pecans, rosemary, and cinnamon.
7. To one of the remaining potatoes, place thin slices of cheddar in between the potato slices and sprinkle with bacon.
8. To one of the remaining potatoes, dress with garlic, thyme, parsley, and Parmesan.
9. Place potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
10. While potatoes are cooking, combine yogurt, chipotle, lime, water, garlic, and salt into a small bowl. Set aside.
11. Dress the last potato with avocado slices and the chipotle aioli.
12. Garnish the potatoes to your liking.