1. You'll discover just how far away you live from any decent camping spots.
2. Someone will inevitably lock the keys in the car.
3. The adults will stop adulting long enough to fight over the best way to put up the tent.
4. Someone will trip over a tree root, tent peg or shoelace.
5. The only available toilet will block.
6. There'll be an encounter of the ~creepy~ kind.
7. You'll all eventually chill out, and everyone will talk to each other about all kinds of stuff.
8. The kids will remember that life without electronics is actually bearable.
9. Friendships with complete strangers will be forged.
10. And the kids will at last become the masters of their outdoor domain.
11. At least one essential kitchen tool will be left at home.
12. And the food will be served very well... cremated.
13. Marshmallows will be eaten en masse.
Whether you'd normally touch them with a ten foot pole or not, you'll be scoffing them down by the burnt half-dozen.