37 Products That'll Save You So Much Time You'll Swear A Week Had Eight Days
Time is a social construct...but having to spend less time doing the sucky stuff — like cleaning toilets and making dinner — is also great.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A robot vacuum so you can reclaim your weekend hours for fun stuff...and by fun stuff I do not mean vacuuming the whole dang house. Set a cleaning schedule and let this little guy do the hard work for you.
Promising review: "I am a NEAT FREAK! I love to clean. I literally clean my house daily. It can’t be clean enough. I have a two-story, three-bedroom three-bathroom house with two dogs. This vacuum cleans all of it! This gadget is legit like a little human vacuuming your floors, but super throughly. It goes over all my rugs and hardwood floors, and it goes in the bathrooms and closets and under all the furniture. Once in a while it gets caught in the wires underneath my TV but most of the time it is able to get itself out of it. It’s quiet. My dogs barely even notice it. This is worth every penny! It’s easy to set up and easy to clean after each use. It does all the hard work for you. Since I’ve had mine, I’ve literally gotten five friends to buy one and they all love it too. (This is NOT a paid advertisement or review. This is just a review from a normal woman who really loves her floors clean.)" —Shannon
Get it from Amazon for $199.99 (also available in white).
2. A pack of Downy wrinkle-releasing spray to take your dress shirt from a crumpled mess to a professional-looking garment. Think of all the free time you'll have not having to iron your clothes each morning or drive to and from the dry cleaner each week.
3. A seven-in-one Instant Pot that'll tenderize meat, soften veggies, and hydrate rice and beans faster than if you made them on the stove top. When you say dinner will be ready in 30, you mean it.
This do-it-all kitchen appliance is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker, and warmer.
Promising review: "This thing is great! I bought it to cook dried beans fast, and it does. A process that required eight hours of soaking and two hours of boiling now takes a half hour. The unit is also easy to clean. Plus it has a whole bunch of cooking modes in addition to pressure cooking. The sauté feature makes it easy to sauté the food in the same pot that you pressure cook in, so it reduces the number of pots and pans you need to cook your meal." —S. Coffrey
Get the 6-quart Instant Pot from Amazon for $89 (available in a 3- and 8-quart option).
4. A set of wad-free pads for keeping your bedsheets from tangling in the wash and forming one large damp ball. Is there anything worse than wanting to go to bed but having to stay up because the sheets are still wet? Methinks so.
5. A pair of leaf scoops because your knees and back deserve some ~re-leaf~ this fall. These oversized claws will making cleaning quicker, cleaner, and easier than scooping them into a garbage can by hand.
Promising review: "We have a very large wooded property that requires a lot of leaves and sticks to be raked up. We have tried various brands of leaf scoops but most lasted not even one season. Since purchasing the ReLeaf Leaf Scoops our job has been much easier. First of all is the way your hands grasp the scoops. These are much more ergonomic and are actually like extensions of your own hands. Second, these are very sturdy and do not bend when trying to pick up a pile of sticks and debris. We have made it through the season so far without issue. Next will be the dreaded fall cleanup. I highly recommend the ReLeaf Leaf Scoops which make our yard, woods, and garden cleanup easier." —trouble54
Get a pair from Amazon for $28.95.
6. A pet hair remover if you can't be bothered to vacuum your whole house every other day just to deal with all the fur. Roll it over your couch, bed, favorite blanket, you name it, and watch it lift the fur away. See, we can own nice things!!
7. A foot file so you can shave away dead skin and calluses with a few swipes. You don't need one hour, two pumice stones, three rasps, and a callus-removing gel for baby soft heels. You just need this foot file.
8. A visual grocery list pad to get you in an out in under 30 minutes. Do you ever just walk into the grocery store, lose track of time, and emerge two hours later? Not anymore!
9. An eco-friendly hard water stain-remover that'll defeat stubborn soap scum and residue that's bested all your other attempts to scrub it away. Instead of wiping for hours and seeing absolutely no difference, give this cleaner a try!
10. A pack of bottle-cleaning tablets for anyone whose devotion to caffeine doesn't outweigh their laziness. It's OK — these bad boys will do all the heavy lifting for you so your beloved thermos is crystal clean quicker than it took you to make those stains.
11. A teeth-whitening pen because it's a heck of a lot quicker (and tastes a lot better) than those irritating whitening strips that slip and slide all over your teeth. You can use each pen ~20 times and should expect your teeth to lighten four to eight shades.
12. A blind cleaner brush if you don't have the time or energy to clean each blind individually. Work smarter not harder!
13. A heavy-duty oven scrub so it's like the years of baked-on dinner explosions and drippings that coat the inside of your oven — poof! — never happened. It'll clean stains right before your eyes; no need to let it sit overnight!
14. Or a speedy oven cleaner to de-gunk drippings from your last five years' worth of meals in just 30 seconds — and without you having to get your hands dirty. Then just wipe it clean.
15. A box of cleaning K-Cups that'll get rid of residue in your machine and prevent flavors from transferring in just one cycle. Or have fun descaling it multiple times. Your choice!
16. A drain snake for unearthing a truly terrifying hair monster that's backing up your pipes. It works better (and faster!) than the drain cleaning solutions that you inevitably have to pour several times.
17. A fizzing toilet tablet because they loosen stains effortlessly so all you have to do is lightly brush the bowl and flush away the gunk. Spending an hour cleaning the crapper this weekend? So weird but I'm not seeing that on my schedule.
18. A Souper Cube if weeknight dinners take you no less than an hour and a half to make (and that's not counting clean-up time!). This silicone freezing tray stores perfectly portioned soups, stews, sauces, and more so you can meal prep in bulk over the weekend and then freeze it in these trays. It's so easy to quickly grab them as needed and defrost them for an easy meal.
Each tray has four fill lines — 1/2 cup, 1 cup, 125 mL, and 250 mL — which is ideal for people who like to portion their food.
You may remember Souper Cube from Shark Tank (Lori invested in the company!). This small business was started by four friends who loved soup but hated food waste.
Promising review: "So happy that I found these. I’m the only one in my household who enjoys soup year-round. Have you ever tried to make homemade soup for one? I say it’s impossible! But no longer. I can brew up the stock pot with bone broth or my favorite home soup. Fill up my Souper Cubes, freeze, pop out, store my goodies in a freezer bag, and I’m ready for the next batch!" —Debbie R. Texas
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.