Reviewers Over 60 Swear By These 37 Beauty Products (And Maybe You Will, Too)
Including a pore-blurring skin tint, an eye cream that *actually* makes you look well rested, and a dreamy cream blush you can't mess up.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A splurge-worthy and dermatologist-recommended Elta MD tinted sunscreen for folks with sensitive skin. Sun protection is important at any age (UV damage can speed up your skin's aging process), and this one will tick all your boxes: not greasy, free of fragrance, noncomedogenic, free of oil, and free of parabens.
Promising review: "It feels like you have nothing on! It's the first sunscreen I've worn where I didn't feel like I had to wash my hands after applying. Awesome product, very lightly tinted, looks slightly whitish when first applied but that blends into medium tone or tanned skin if you let it sit for a few minutes. I love it so much! It leaves a very clean feeling on your face and does not make me break out and I have sensitive skin. I'm 62 years old live in Florida and have been using it for two months. I will purchase this product again." —M. Moody
Get it from Amazon for $34.
2. A breathable skin tint from Glossier to even out your complexion without sinking into the skin's creases. It isn't as full coverage as a heavier foundation, but it provides ample coverage, blurs blemishes and pores, and leaves behind a dewy finish.
Promising review: "60 is the new 30! Like others have written, I was skeptical about trying sight unseen makeup. But I kept coming back to Glossier saying to myself 'Could this be as good as everyone says?' I finally ordered a few items including the skin tint. When first putting it on, you think it does nothing but add moisture and shine. But a few minutes later, you have this lovely better than bare finish to your face that is a great base for what ever else you want to apply. In places I’ve wanted a bit more coverage I put the face tint on first and let it dry a bit before blending. Like others have said, it does not cover up anything, it just makes you look like you, but better. And most importantly, it does not leave anything in lines or on dry skin. In fact I believe it helps alleviate dry skin. Not sure how I will feel in warmer weather, but in the cold, dry east coast, it’s fabulous!" —Missy248
Get it from Glossier for $26 (available in 12 shades).
3. A cuticle oil because too many gel manis have destroyed your nails. Sweet almond oil, vitamin E, and jojoba soften the cuticle and strengthen your claws so you'll be proud to show them off.
Promising review: "This product has helped transform my dry cracked cuticles and overall nail issues. I now use this religiously twice a day. As an over-60 woman I’ve never had issues until recently for whatever reason. I’ve tried a couple different brands and just prefer this. Now I have a small one for travel and the larger for everyday use. I keep it parked on my night stand. Seems to help with the ridges also. Seldom do I have any cuticle issues at all now. With COVID I cannot go to the salon as often. Easy to apply. Nice scent that doesn’t overwhelm. Get the big size!" —Madam Bazam
Get it from Amazon for $8.50+ (available in three sizes).
4. A Maybelline liquid foundation if no other foundation has been able to deal with your oily skin. This medium coverage foundation is designed for people with normal to oily skin and offers SPF 18 and a natural-looking matte finish.
JSYK dermatologists say you need at least SPF 30 to protect your skin — so this foundation is a great place to start but you'll need another layer of sun protection on top of that!
Promising review: "I am in my mid-60s. The good news is that I don't have wrinkles because I have oily skin. The bad news is that I break out because I have oily skin. This foundation is the very best I've used to control the oil! It feels like a liquid powder, goes on smoothly, de-emphasizes large pores and scars, doesn't get shiny (except for my nose, which is impossible to control anyhow), and lasts all day. In fact, even in the pandemic as I've been staying home for the past year, I still wear it because it not only controls the oil but controls the breakouts. And no setting powder required." —Broadway Baby
Get it from Amazon for $3.15+ (available in 37 shades).
5. A tub of brightening, firming, and rejuvenating eye cream so you look vibrant and well-rested.
Promising review: "I have been using this daily for about eight months now. I am 60 years old. It reduced the puffiness and bags under my eyes. I am Sicilian and had dark circles. It has brightened up my eye area. I am very surprised as I have paid much more for eye creams that have done so much less. I recently had pre-cancerous cells removed at the bridge of my nose. After healing, I was left with a dark scar. The dermatologist told me that it would heal over time. Since I began to apply this eye cream, the mark has almost disappeared entirely. I shop constantly from Amazon. This is the first time that I have taken the time to write a review. That's how impressed I am with this product. If you decide to purchase this, you won't be sorry." —Lynda M.
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in two sizes and a pack of two).
6. A Revlon hot air brush that'll help you go from wet, tangled, frizzy hair to a shiny, salon-worthy blowout in minutes.
The brush has special vents that allow air to flow so hair dries faster. Plus, it's quicker than using a dryer and then a flat iron or curling iron, which equals less heat damage.
Promising review: "First time review and it’s because I’m so happy with this dryer/styler! My hair is about shoulder length, very fine with a slight curl, and now it has some gray to it. It’s also frizzy, no matter what I use. I’m 61 years old so trust me, I’ve used a lot of products! Never have I been able to get my hair to look like it did after leaving the salon, EXCEPT after using this. I watched some YouTube videos first for some pointers, and then I gave it a try. It’s easy to use, even though it’s bigger than I thought it would be. My hair came out beautiful! Smooth, soft, no frizz and lots of volume. Hope this review helps you anyone out there that have similar hair!" —Anon anon
Get it from Amazon for $45.99+ (available in seven colors).
7. A NYX buttery gloss for rich, creamy, high-shine color that doesn't feel sticky.
8. A L'Oréal glow-enhancing lotion because it pumps up your natural glow either on its own, under makeup, or worn as a highlighter. It's less disco ball, strobe-y highlight and more of a healthy-looking radiance.
9. An eyebrow tint if your brow hairs have lightened over the years and you're ready to reintroduce brows you can actually see to the world. It lasts up to three days...which means three full days of not having to fill in your brows. Oh! And it means you won't suffer through a lifetime of poorly tattooed brows. A win-win!
Promising review: "Scary to apply the first time but what a happy surprise after I wiped it off! I'm 68 with almost zero brows and have paid $450 for brow tattooing but couldn't get a touchup due to COVID. Much cheaper than $450 and I only reapply every five days or so. Worth trying." —Lompocwoman
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in three shades).
10. A low-stakes NYX tinted brow gel so you can groom, tint, and set your brows in one fell swoop. And it won't flake or make your brows look crunchy!
Promising review: "I am a 60-something and although my brows aren’t thinning that badly yet, I thought I’d try this out. This stuff is great. It fills in your brows and looks totally natural, not that ‘drawn on’ look at all. Doesn’t rub off either! Am going to purchase for my sister too." —madsmom
Get it from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in five shades).
11. Or a clear eyebrow gel that'll hold each hair in place while also blending seamlessly with gray hair.
Promising review: "I am 65 and my eyebrows are becoming sparse. Besides the challenge of finding an acceptable brow color in silver/gray, I have discovered that my eyebrows have become rather wild. I was hoping this product would keep them in place. It did. It’s colorless so there was no problem there. The product works. That’s all I hope for. Good choice." —MarloJones
Get it from Amazon for $5.71.
12. A moisturizing hair treatment for a quick burst of hydration. In just eight seconds — eight! — it starts working to leave your mane feeling silkier, softer, and smoother after washing.
Promising review: "I am 66 years old. I have fine thinning hair. Followed instructions. Blew dry my hair. How awesome was it? My hair now feels regular in thickness and holds a curl and actually has body. I wish for a lifetime supply. Will use this from now on." —Mortimer Brewster
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
13. An eye primer to ensure your flawless smokey eye isn't ruined by your chronically oily eyelids on a night out.
Promising review: "I feel so stupid...I'm 65 years old and have always been annoyed by the fact that by mid-afternoon, my upper lids would be oily, shiny and sporting a stripe from my eye liner. I didn't think there was a cure. Then stumbled upon the idea of using a primer/foundation designed for the eyelids. What? How BRILLIANT!! Who would have thought? I dipped my toe into the water and purchased one tube of the Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer. I don't use eye shadow on my lids, but I do use it as a liner on my lower lashes. (I add water to compressed eye shadow and put it on my skin with a sponge-end pencil thing). This stuff ROCKS!! At the end of a hot Texas day, my lids are still as fresh and dry as they were at 6 a.m. And it only takes a pinhead-sized drop to cover one entire lid from lashes to eyebrow, with enough left to cover the lower lid area as well. It's creamy, but dries very quickly. Awesome! The only thing that keeps this product from being 100% perfect is that it has a chemical smell when you first put it on...BUT...after a few minutes, the smell is gone and my eye makeup looks impeccable for 12+ hours. Obviously, I highly recommend this product. They've found a lifetime customer with me." —ShortieTX
Get it from Amazon for $13.48.
14. A cruelty-free lengthening mascara because you're tired of mascaras that don't live up to their promises. This one won't let you down — I promise! It's lightweight, won't transfer, doesn't smudge, and lasts all day. Consider your expectations exceeded!
Promising review: "I am 68 years old and have been using makeup for 52 of those years. I have tried many mascaras over those years, from inexpensive to very expensive. I cannot say that I have ever been really happy with the results. I had reached the point where I thought that, it does not matter the cost, they are pretty much all the same. This changed my mind. I put on two coats and it made my lashes look so thick. If I did not know better, I would think that I had on false eyelashes. I used baby shampoo, as I always do and I always lather with the baby shampoo twice, to remove the mascara, and it came off easily. I will look no more for a new mascara. I cannot imagine a mascara better than this." —Piaget
Get it from Amazon for $2.49+ (available in a variety of packs).
15. Glossier Cloud Paint, a beautiful cream blush if you're tired of applying blush and looking like a clown. This blendable, buildable formula gives you a beautiful and natural-looking flush of color. Apply it with your fingers for a stunning glow.
Promising review: "Cloud Paint is amazing. I honestly wear it every single day. I have it in three colors and will probably order the rest. It is a blendable, buildable cream blush with real staying power. it gives my cheeks that natural glowing flushed look that 60 years on the planet has dulled a bit. If you are on the fence about trying it order some! I promise you'll be hooked." —Kelly
Get it from Glossier for $18 (available in eight shades).
16. A multi-use skincare oil so you can say bye bye to uneven skin, stretch marks, and acne scars. It helps your body retain moisture (see ya later, dry skin!) and absorbs into the skin fast so you won't feel greasy.
Psst! Bio-Oil contains retinol, which accelerates skin turnover but can make you more sensitive to the sun — so don't forget your sunscreen!
Promising review: "Bio-Oil is the BEST skin product on the market. I use it as a twice a day — morning and before I go to bed. Small lines have disappeared. My skin is very smooth and seems to glow. A doctor recommended this to one of my friends who told me about it. I have bought several bottles as gifts. Be patient. It will take a few months for you to see notice the changes. I am 71 years old. No one paid me to write this." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in four sizes).
17. A cruelty free vitamin C serum that'll give your skin a much-needed pick-me-up. Just listen to the 51,000+ people who gave it a 5-star review: this stuff brightens, softens, and dramatically fades hyperpigmentation.
Promising review: "This serum is just as amazing as everyone says it is. I am 67 years old, and I have light melasma on both of my cheekbones. I have done *everything* to get rid of it (microdermabrasion, other serums, clarisonic exfoliation, and on and on ad nauseam). I wear SPF 50–70 on my face 365 days a year, and I've done that for decades. I also drink a lot of water. It looked as good as it was going to get. Now, my skin looks even better, and the melasma has never been lighter. Overall, my skin tone just looks very even and smooth. Every morning when I look in the mirror at my face, I marvel at how smooth it looks for my age. This is such a terrific product. I just finished my first bottle and I'm on to my second one!" —Rabid Reader
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (available in two sizes).
18. A creamy NYX lip liner for preventing your lipstick from feathering and bleeding into the fine lines around your mouth. This has such great color payoff, though, that you might want to just wear it on its own.
19. Embryolisse, a cult-favorite French moisturizing cream to hydrate, protect, soothe, and nourish your skin. (It's been with you after all these years, so give it the pampering it deserves.) Makeup artists also use it as a primer, so consider this a 2-for-1 value purchase.
Promising review: "So far I am loving this lotion. I put in on every morning under my makeup and it leaves my face perfectly moisturized all day long. I also noticed I use less foundation because it’s so moisturizing. I don’t believe there is any miracle moisturize that will ever get rid of our crows feet, laugh lines, neck sagging, etc. but this moisturizer helps reduce the look of these problems as long as they’re not deep surface. I’m 68 years old and never was someone who was a 'sun worshipper' and, fortunately, stopped smoking in 1980 after smoking for 15 years. Those two things do a lot of damage to your skin, so to all young women reading this who are doing these two things, take it from me, if you want to retain healthy, youthful skin, stop these too harmful habits. Use sunscreen when you are in the sun and use moisturizer now. Embryolisse seems to be a good place to start!" —Janet Cahill
Get it from Amazon for $16+ (available in two sizes and styles).
20. A splurge-worthy bottle of Olaplex No. 3 because it's not messing around. It'll revive your dry, damaged, colored hair like no other. As someone who spends four-plus hours bleaching my hair every six to eight weeks, I can 100% vouch for this miracle in a bottle.
Promising review: "Spectacular. There is no other high quality, immediately effective, hair treatment on the market to 'cure' dry, over processed hair. I've tried them all. This Olaplex formula is magic for your hair. Forget all the sexy Madison Avenue advertising that other brands use to sell us products that are better looking in their glamorous packaging but fail miserably to perform on our hair. I'm an Olaplex girl for life. I've just turned 65 (shocking to a fit, high energy Boomer), but thanks to Olaplex, my hair looks 35." —LAURA TEMPLETON
Get it from Amazon for $28.
My colleague also swears by this stuff. Check out her Olaplex review here for more deets and some before and afters that'll make you buy this in bulk.
21. A Schick Silk dermaplaning razor if you've found more stray hairs on your face as you've aged. This handy mini blade is great for trimming eyebrows, as well as removing unwanted facial hair, especially if you find handling tweezers tricky.
Promising review: "I am a 65-year-old caucasian woman with sensitive, dry skin prone to broken blood vessels...but blessed with smooth skin...well, blessed and I used sunscreen through the years. Because my skin is delicate, I cannot use exfoliating methods most people use...but I know it is very important for a beautiful complexion. Enter this wonderful product! I YouTubed how to use them and went for it. WOW! My skin is glowing...absorbs my serums much better and I can actually wear powder again. I had given up powder at my age because it had an aging effect. After using this to remove dead skin and peach fuzz, powder accentuates my face once again. I believe this has turned back the clock...my husband has noticed...I feel beautiful and it has not hurt my delicate skin. Try it!" —cat lover 55
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $2.10.
22. A lightweight primer so you can apply your makeup to a smooth, even surface and have it stay all day. It's made with green tea extract and collagen to protect and moisturize the skin.
Promising review: "I won! This primer not only has a pleasant, light, and delicate smell, but it actually works very well too. I have a really oily T-zone and and really dry aging skin everywhere else. Somehow this primer seemed to do whatever my skin needed to keep the makeup in place. I live in a very humid, sub-tropical climate so finding a primer that holds up in nearly 100% humidity is amazing! I had two events to attend two nights in a row and they both lasted too long....hours! My makeup looked as good at the end of the night as it looked when I first put it on and set it that morning. It also made my skin feel so soft. I've been wearing it most of the time without adding any makeup and it really improves the look of my 64-year-old skin. Try it. I think you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I have been." —JustJan
Get it from Amazon for $15.50.
23. A box of pore-tightening, skin-lifting face masks that'll truly terrify you, first because you'll look like a zombie once you've applied it, and second because it's so darn effective at reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Promising review: "At 60 years old I have tried SO MANY products...anything short of surgery to lift and tighten my face. Around the age of 57 my pores became larger and larger. I tried product after product and spent hundreds trying to find that fountain of youth. There is nothing like going into a store with sales people younger than my grandchildren telling me what I'm doing 'wrong' with my skin care regimen. They had never seen a wrinkle in their lives. I thought I would give this face mask a shot. I mean what did I have to lose? Immediate results! I couldn't believe it! My pores were small; my face was different...and in a good way..lol. I can't believe my skin looks so good. I'm so excited. I had to write a review. I don't think you'll be sorry if you decide to try this. I know I sure wasn't!" —Judi Bragg
Get a box of eight masks from Amazon for $30.95.
24. A Coty setting powder for help regulating your skin's oil production so you can face — pun intended! — another sweaty day like a pro. This long-lasting loose powder also smooths the appearance of fine lines and blemishes (looking at you, adult acne).
Promising review: "This is the same powder that my mother and my aunts used in the '50s. It is perfect for taking the shine off after applying sunscreen or moisturizer. And, the scent is light and not overbearing — reminds me of being a kid. (I am 68 now)." —K. Wisdom
Get it from Amazon for $5.72+ (available in five shades).
25. A Maybelline concealer to mask dark circles and reduce under-eye puffiness (because what is sleep?). This may be what feels like the millionth Monday you've woken up wishing it was still the weekend, but at least you'll look fresh, well-rested, and ready to take on the day.
Promising review: "Best under eye concealer ever. I am 67 years old and have tried them alI. I wouldn't go out without applying this concealer. It blends nicely with my foundation and has never caked. The sponge applicator is soft and makes application quick and easy. I will continue to use this product and hope, like many products I've used over the years, that it doesn't get discontinued." —Morty
Get it from Amazon for $7.99 (available in 17 shades).
Check out my colleague's Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer review and learn why it's her favorite.
26. A dewy, natural-looking stick highlighter because it grants you that coveted "glow from within" look if sparkles and glitter aren't your thing. The heat from your fingers helps it blend it seamlessly to the high points of you face, like your cheekbones, cupid's bow, nose bridge, inner eye corners, and more.
27. A weightless vegan squalane oil if you haven't yet added this magical oil to your skincare routine. It's similar to the skin's own oil, and works to help prevent moisture loss so your skin stays supple. You can also expect it to help soften textured skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines, and fade discoloration.
Promising review: "I'm, well, a senior citizen and have used many products and many moisturizers over the years. My daughter introduced me to this product. I love it. Frankly, I've thrown out almost all other moisturizers. I use this product for my arms, my legs, my feet, my hands, my cuticles, and my face. Oh, yes, and when there is still some left on my hands I run it through my hair, just enough to help tame my frizz. It's light; it absorbs quickly. Fragrance free is a plus for me. If you like a heavy lotion feel, then this product isn't for you. I've tried squalane from other suppliers. This one is the best." —mcmorgan
Get it from Amazon for $32+ (available in two sizes).
28. A winged eyeliner stamp so you can achieve matching cat-eyes in seconds. Just stamp the wings and use the liner pen on the other end to connect it to your inner corner. That's eyeliner done for the day!
Promimsing review: "I have never ever been able to apply eyeliner. I am 62 and have slightly hooded eyes. I've never had the patience. This was easy peasy. I used it the first night I got it and received several comments on my makeup! Love it." —Caribare
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in three sizes).