41 Products That’ll Help You Be Your Most Productive Self
Just think of all your newfound free time.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A roll-on migraine stick if you're prone to mind-numbing headaches. It's made with a mixture of a soothing peppermint, spearmint, lavender, and coconut oil, and reviewers say it helped relieve their pain and/or reduced the severity of their migraines. Now you can tackle all the remaining to-dos on your list instead of spending the rest of the afternoon curled up in a darkened bedroom.
2. A pack of iPhone chargers for the person whose phone is perpetually at 25% battery. These nylon braided cables have a 12,000+ bend lifespan, meaning you can chuck 'em in your bag and plug them in when your phone needs juicing. It's time to get back to more important things, like answering emails and watching TikTok.
3. And an Anker portable battery pack because charging cables are pointless when there's no outlet. This one's small enough to take with you on the go but powerful enough to charge your phone to full battery multiple times.
4. A to-do list so you can easily see and prioritize all the tasks on your plate. Are you really being productive if you're doing work that doesn't need doing? *Not me needing to clean my desk but deciding instead to bake banana bread.*
5. A swivel desk chair that'll meet your comfort *and* style requirements. Now you can focus on getting work done instead of squirming constantly because your butt fell asleep on your hard kitchen chairs.
Promising review: "This chair is not only attractive, but it's also super comfortable. I am sitting at a computer for eight hours or more, and this chair has made it a pleasant experience. No more backaches, no more tingly legs, and no more tired arms. It was a 10-minute assembly and it looks great in my classroom. It’s far more comfortable than my office chair at my house. This is a FANTASTIC chair at a REASONABLE price. BUY IT!" —SB
Get it from Amazon for $129.99+ (also available in white).
6. Two Minute Mornings, a daily journal to get you in the right headspace to be productive. Kick off your morning routine with a moment of reflection and time for you to express gratitude, develop a positive mindset, and engage in mindfulness so you start your day right.
7. A meal planner if you frequently find yourself mindlessly walking down the aisles at your grocery store, waiting for meal prep inspiration to hit you. There's nothing worse than staring at your fridge at 6:30 p.m. on a Wednesday, wishing that food would magically appear.
8. A door hanger for ensuring your office is a place of zen and not the meeting room for every member of the family.
Fiftyshadesofblush is a woman-owned small business based in LA.
Promising review: "Love my door hanger! It has a minimalist style. Love the font! Happy to have this to keep the family out while working. LOL. Seller was so friendly and warm during messaging. Highly recommend product and seller. Thank you!" —katiekate
9. Or a Door Buddy because the dog, unfortunately, cannot read your "do not disturb" sign. This'll keep him (and little ones) out of places they're not supposed to be if they have the dexterity to open doors on their own.
It's also great for barring sneaky sniffers who have learned to open the door to the garage for their daily trip to the litter box for an afternoon snack. 🤢
Promising review: "I love the Door Buddy! I found another use for it. The Door Buddy is also good for introducing a new cat into the household. I adopted a new kitten and my adult cat was outraged! I separated the kitten by putting him in the guest room. After a couple of days I used the Door Buddy to just crack the door open so my adult cat could safely sniff the new kitten. Every two days I adjusted the DB to allow the door to open a little more. In a week my adult cat was trying to play with the kitten through the door! This is a great product and so easy to set up and use. Thanks!" —A. Hill
Get it from Amazon for $15.94.
10. A chic and modern compact desk so you can build your own dedicated WFH space with just enough room for the essentials so you don't get distracted.
Promising review: "This is a great affordable option for a stylish little computer desk. The hairpin legs and two-tier design are what set it apart from others in the same price range. It took a solid 30 minutes to assemble, and all the pieces fit as they should. The wood parts are of course the pressed stuff that isn’t sturdy in the long run, but the material is expected at this price. The legs are very nicely made though! I’m using it for a tidy computer desk area, and it works great." —Sara S.
Get it from Amazon for $69+ (available in nine colors).
11. A pocket-sized Tile Mate that'll get you out of the house with plenty of time to prep before your big 9:30 meeting. Using your smartphone, you can make these trackers "ring" so mornings aren't derailed because you lost your house keys...again. You can even find a lost phone by holding down the Tile button until your phone rings, even if it's on silent.
12. TheFube — a fidget cube with rounded edges and a different button, knob, or lever on each side to keep your fingers occupied while your brain stays on track.
Promising review: "This is the only one I’ve tried but my anxiety is already going down. I use it during conference calls and while trying to focus at home. It’s got so many little things that I’m OK if one or two don’t work for me. Love this little cube." —Kylee
Get it from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in seven styles).
13. A cold brew maker if you hate having to pay money and waste time in a drive-thru line. This handy kitchen tool will make enough cold brew to last you a few days (well, depending on how many cups you drink per day) so you can pour it in your travel mug and be on your way.
It brews a quart (4 cups), so you should have enough java to get you through the day (and maybe some left over to share with your favorite coworker).
Promising review: "I was tired of spending so much money at Starbucks on cold brews so I decided to make this purchase and make my own cold brew, especially since I was gonna need it working from home and having to get up at 5:30 a.m. five days a week. Love it and use it every single week." —Chrisss310
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in three colors and two sizes).
14. A Wi-Fi extender for anyone whose office is in the back of the house and as far away from the router as possible. This plug-in will ensure you can get hiccup-free internet for all your important work meetings. I mean, I love the jumping dinosaur game too, but your boss will probably be more impressed by your finished spreadsheet than by your new high score.
15. A height-adjustable desk bike because you'll earn the distinction of being able to say you got your work and workout done at the same time. It comes with a removable desktop tray and doubles as a standing desk if you need to stretch your legs.
16. Or a compact under-desk bike so you can spin while building spreadsheets, answering emails, and even taking conference calls. It offers different resistance levels and is a great way to get in a workout during your regular 9–5.
It works with desks as low as 27 inches. If you're tall or you have long legs, you can still use it while working from the couch.
Promising review: "Really perfect for me. I have averaged about 50 miles per day and have lost four pounds in one week. Really well built and totally silent. I'm 5'8" and I do have to sit in a low chair but it works well and I do computer work and talk on the phone while burning about 1,000 calories a day! You can't beat that. I was looking at more expensive solutions but I won't look anymore. Completely satisfied." —Phil
Get it from Amazon for $189.
17. A light therapy alarm clock that'll gradually lighten your room and gently wake you with the "sun" — a peaceful alternative to waking up five minutes before your first meeting. Just as it gets brighter minute by minute to wake you, it also darkens your room over time at night so your body prepares itself for sleep.
18. Alternatively, a heavy-duty alarm clock to literally shake the bed because the sweet sounds of birds chirping aren't anywhere close to loud enough to wake you. Even the heaviest sleeper won't miss its 113-decibel scream. (This is the equivalent of a live rock concert taking place in your bedroom.)
19. A bacon-flavored wishbone chew toy if your pooch is constantly begging for attention and it's preventing you from getting any work done. (I mean, how can you resist those "pet me" eyes?) This'll hold their attention for a long time, according to reviewers. Plus the curved shape makes it easy for lil' paws to grip.
Promising review: "As a former vet tech, rescuer, and pup momma, I've come across some chewers that take the cake. Of course, one of my own is the worst of the worst. My monster Lab/poodle mix can DESTROY just about anything I buy for him. He snaps the ultra Kongs in half without blinking and will crack even the largest Nylabones within a few minutes. Even toys marketed as indestructible with money-back warranties fall to their death in his jaws. That said...HE LOVES THIS BONE and hasn't managed to do much damage to it, which makes it one of the best chew toys I've ever encountered." —CKayy
Get it from Amazon for $6.49+ (available in four sizes and three flavors).
20. And a pack of catnip-infused felt balls for making sure no one can accuse you of having a favorite child. These'll keep Mr. Whiskers occupied for hours so you don't have to deal with his head boops for hours as he asks oh so politely for some pets.
For a catnip recharge, pop the balls back in the tin so they soak up more of the catnip smell (from the capsules in the tin) and your cat will be ready to play with them all over again.
Simply B Vermont is a small business located in Vermont. They make all kinds of adorable pet accessories and toys for cats AND dogs.
Promising review: "Fast shipping, seller was super thoughtful and attentive, and most important of all our kitties are obsessed with these balls! Even my shyer one is running around with these having an absolute blast even without my tossing them around. It’s also wearing her out, which is quite hard to do. Highly recommend!" —Ketti Schulenberg
21. Some foam earplugs because you never realize you need them until, well, you need them. Get them now to save yourself from sleepless nights and ruined productivity later.
22. A robot vacuum so you can pat yourself on the back for surviving another work day, cooking dinner for the family, *and* cleaning the floors — all in one day. OK well maybe the robot cleaned the floors. But you still had to press the on button for it to work so it still counts!
Promising review: "I am a NEAT FREAK! I love to clean. I literally clean my house daily. It can’t be clean enough. I have a two-story, three-bedroom three-bathroom house with two dogs. This vacuum cleans all of it! This gadget is legit like a little human vacuuming your floors, but super throughly. It goes over all my rugs and hardwood floors, and it goes in the bathrooms and closets and under all the furniture. Once in a while it gets caught in the wires underneath my TV but most of the time it is able to get itself out of it. It’s quiet. My dogs barely even notice it. This is worth every penny! It’s easy to set up and easy to clean after each use. It does all the hard work for you. Since I’ve had mine, I’ve literally gotten five friends to buy one and they all love it too. (This is NOT a paid advertisement or review. This is just a review from a normal woman who really loves her floors clean.)" —Shannon
Get it from Amazon for $199.99 (also available in white).
23. And speaking of gadgets to do it for you, a seven-in-one Instant Pot that'll tenderize meat, soften veggies, and hydrate rice and beans faster than if you made them on the stove top. Whipping up a three-course meal in under an hour and in the *same* pot? I think that deserves a medal!
This do-it-all kitchen appliance is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker, and warmer.
Promising review: "This thing is great! I bought it to cook dried beans fast, and it does. A process that required eight hours of soaking and two hours of boiling now takes a half hour. The unit is also easy to clean. Plus it has a whole bunch of cooking modes in addition to pressure cooking. The sauté feature makes it easy to sauté the food in the same pot that you pressure cook in, so it reduces the number of pots and pans you need to cook your meal." —S. Coffrey
Get the 6-quart Instant Pot from Amazon for $89 (available in a 3- and 8-quart option).
24. A Souper Cube to remove the hassle of preparing a fresh meal from scratch. This silicone freezing tray stores perfectly portioned meals so you can prep a recipe ahead of time, freeze it in the tray, and defrost them for an easy meal. Dinner in five = done!
25. A memory foam seat cushion with cooling gel if you're constantly on and off of your chair because of chronic butt pain. This bad boy will help you sit comfortably for extended periods of time so you can tackle that presentation without interruption.
It's designed to relieve pressure on your tailbone, and reviewers say it's great for reducing lower back pain.
Promising review: "Are you KIDDING ME??? This is the best dang thing that has happened to my butt since Mama rubbed it with Johnson's Baby Lotion! The cushion keeps its form and is so comfortable! I grabbed it on a whim, when I was about to drive on a two-hour car drive...what a world of difference this cushion was...I could actually stand up out of the car, without unfolding myself, when I got to my destination. Do yourself a favor and get one of these!" —Cbkirkland
Get it from Amazon for $37.95.
26. A pair of blue light–blocking glasses for help reducing eye strain. No, you shouldn't have to stop every hour due to a screen-induced headache.
Electronic devices emit a lot of blue light, which your eyes do a terrible job of blocking. Over time, blue light may strain your eyes and lead to macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss. Computer glasses that filter blue light can help reduce the amount of blue light you're exposed to, plus you don't need a prescription to wear them and they work even if you're already wearing contacts.
Promising review: "I work in front of a computer 40+ hours a week and then I go home to do school work online for most of my evening. I started to develop headaches on a daily basis and I couldn’t figure out why and then one day on the radio they were taking about the effects of blue light. I got to thinking and did some research and how it can lead to headaches, etc. I hopped on Amazon to find some glasses and I came across these. I have to say I am shocked, total game changer. The very first day no headaches. I thought to myself OK just a coincidence. Second day no headaches, third day no headaches, and so on and so forth. I am amazed! I will never go without these glasses again! I am so happy with this product. I can focus more and get through my day without taking medicine! Just do it, buy the glasses." —Amy
Get them from Amazon for $13.99+ (available in 18 colors and in multipacks).
27. An Ember Mug 2 because it's a smartmug that allows you to pick the exact temperature of your drink from your phone or smartwatch. Now you don't have to make multiple trips to the kitchen to reheat your mug because your coffee's gone cold.
Promising review: "Before my Ember, my coffee would cool so quickly in my cold basement work-from-home office that I’d have to slam it or pour half of it out because it was too cold. Now I can enjoy coffee at the perfect temperature, consumed at a leisurely pace. It makes being quarantined at home during a global pandemic so much more enjoyable! But seriously, this mug is the best. You can choose the perfect temp for you. It knows if it’s empty and will turn off automatically. The battery lasts quite a while if you forget to put it on its base (...not that I’d do that or anything... :P). My only warning: It holds 8 ounces.That’s it. If you like larger cups, be prepared to have multiple small cups instead." —Gecko
Get it from Amazon for $99.99 (also available in white).
28. Or a more low-tech mug warmer so your productivity isn't ruined by having to reheat your coffee, tea, or cocoa. Repeat after me: There's nothing worse than room-temp coffee. There's nothing worse than room-temp coffee. There's nothing worse...
This mug warmer does *not* have an auto-off feature, so we recommend also getting an auto-off outlet if you're prone to forgetting to unplug things.
Promising review: "I work at home and get distracted often from drinking my coffee at my desk. I get kids distracting me, people popping into my office, and I get long-winded phone calls and come back to have a sip of coffee only to find it's cold and gross. So I bought this mug warmer and, no joke, my coffee is always warm when I reach for it now. It keeps my coffee just warm enough, but never too hot. And it doesn't make the mug hot to the touch either. I LOVE this thing. It has saved me from wasting many cups of coffee!" —MrsNolden
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
29. An Obé Fitness subscription that'll help you get in a workout before, during, or after your 9 to 5. With classes ranging from 5 to 60 minutes, you can choose what works best for the time you have.
30. A pack of Downy wrinkle-releasing spray to take your dress shirt from a crumpled mess to a professional-looking garment. Think of all the free time you'll have not having to iron your clothes each morning or drive to and from the dry cleaner each week.
31. A variety pack of A Dozen Cousins ready-to-eat seasoned beans if you often find yourself foggy, cranky, and unproductive. *Looks at a clock* well, it's 2 p.m. and you still haven't eaten lunch, silly! Just pop them in the microwave, and they're ready in 60 seconds. Or, use them to zhuzh up leftovers so you can refuel your brain and *really* focus on your work.
A Dozen Cousins is a Black-owned business founded by Ibraheem Basir and inspired by his the Creole, Caribbean, and Latin American flavors he ate growing up. The variety pack comes with Cuban Black Beans, Mexican Cowboy Pinto Beans, Trini Chickpea Curry, Creole Red Beans, Refried Black Beans, and Classic Refried Pinto Beans.
Promising review: "Canned beans from my local supermarket are always a disappointment so I stopped getting them. I don't have time to cook beans myself but A Dozen Cousins beans are fresh and taste terrific. I am trying to eat healthier and these are a great way to do that. I've been trying to avoid packaged, processed foods but the natural ingredients make these different. I can feel good about eating them. The beans are whole and not mashed up like in cans. All of the varieties are seasoned well and versatile. I've had them on their own, in salads, and in wrap sandwiches. I'm really happy to have found these and hope they continue to add new flavors and products. Do yourself a favor and order some. You won't regret it." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $24.99.
My coworker Marquaysa Battle has taste tested these beans and swears by 'em! Check out her A Dozen Cousins review for her thoughts.
33. Or a pair of Bose noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones because not only will they block out the sounds of other people, but they'll also basically make it feel like they're just *poof* not there. If you need complete silence to work, you need these!
Promising review: "I got these a few months ago and so far so issues! I'm absolutely in love with them! Due to some sensory-processing problems, sounds can overwhelm me sometimes. I find these headphones do a great job at cancelling sound, even without music playing. But also the music quality on this is absolutely fantastic! Amazing bass and sound quality. I'd buy them again for sure!" —Stephanie Stephenson
Get them from Amazon for $299 (also available in gray).
We voted them the best noise-cancelling headphones in the $$$ category.
34. A standing desk converter so you can go from slouching to standing in seconds. Sometimes the only thing you need to refocus your brain is a change of scenery and a little stretch.
35. A pack of extra-durable Mr. Clean Magic Erasers that'll clean your dirty tub, crayon-stained walls, grimy stovetop, and more with just water. Now your weekend cleaning session will actually be a deep clean instead of an exercise in futility because your weak cleansers aren't up to the task.
36. A pair of ultra-soft bike shorts to keep you loose and comfy all dang day. If you've ever ambitiously thought, "I'm gonna wear real pants today," and then regretted that choice after 10 minutes of having to constantly readjust your jeans, which are giving you a major wedgie and feel oh so constricting, just get these shorts. Stop trying to make working from home in jeans happen!!
Mate is an LA-based small business that's both woman-founded and woman-ran. They prioritize fair and safe working conditions for every member of the supply chain and strive to eliminate as much plastic as possible from their production.
Promising review: "Love these for working from home! Cute for a coffee run or a yoga class. Super soft!!" —Amy D.
Get them from Mate for $48 (available in sizes XS–3X and five colors).
37. A Home Chef subscription if you're looking to make more meals at home. Choose the meals you want each week and you'll get all the ingredients shipped to your door. Recipes can be finished in as little as 15 minutes so you can add "accomplished chef" to your résumé. They also offer ready-made meals in case you just don't have the time, energy, or inclination to cook.
38. An adult swaddle for anyone who hasn't had a decent sleep since, well, they were in the womb. A good night's rest is super important to achieving peak productivity, and the Sleep Pod will help ensure you get there by mimicking the feeling of a hug to lower stress levels and soothe you to sleep. It's designed to be more breathable than weighted blankets so it's great for sweaty sleepers.
39. A Swiffer wet and dry mop because you simply do not have the time or desire to wait for your floors to dry. (And that bucket of dirty water? Yuck!) This handy-dandy cleaning tool sweeps up dust, pet hair, your hair, and more, and then dispenses a small amount of powerful cleaning fluid that lifts stains and dirt without leaving your floors sopping wet.
40. A lap desk with all the bells and whistles — a built-in mouse pad, wrist pad, and phone/tablet holder — so you can be just as productive when you're sitting on the couch or in bed as you would be if you were working from your actual desk.
Promising review: "This has got to be the best laptop lap desk I have ever owned! The wrist rest is cushiony, and the cushions on the back are super comfortable on my legs. It has a slight incline, which is perfect. It's sturdy and light. Love the handle, the mouse pad with borders so the mouse won't fall off, and the tablet/phone slots. I don't write a lot of reviews, but I am so happy with this product that I had to give it a good review. Hopefully, this will help someone that is searching for the right lap desk. Recommend it to anyone." —J. Castro
Get it from Amazon for $49.99.
41. A truly ~egg-cellent~ rapid egg cooker that'll feed you if can't be bothered to eat breakfast. *Gasp!* Breakfast is such an important meal for keeping you focused and productive during the day — and this gadget will whip you up some eggs (in many delicious forms) in mere minutes.
Promising review: "I wish I had purchased this product sooner. It makes the best hard-boiled eggs every time. It takes about 90 seconds to set up; then, just push the power button and go do something else. No more waiting and watching for a pot of water to boil. In the amount of time it used to take me to get the water to boil on the stove, now I already have finished hard-boiled eggs with this neat little gadget. When the eggs are done, a jubilant song plays to let you know the eggs are ready. It is pretty hot when you take the top off so just be a little careful there when you are transferring the eggs to a bowl of cold water. I have not used the other functions yet (soft-boiled, medium-boiled, poached, single omelet). Really want to try the poached eggs function; perhaps that will be on the docket for this weekend. But seriously, if you enjoy hard-boiled eggs, this is the perfect gadget for you." —Krystal P.
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in seven colors).
Check out our Dash Rapid Egg Cooker review for more deets!