45 Problem-Solving Products That Pet Owners Truly Love
"I'm in love" —pet owners everywhere
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An immunity-boosting allergy supplement because your doggo deserves relief from their allergies and skin sensitivities. These soft chews deliver a dose of probiotics and other nutrients said to help improve immune function, aide digestion, promote healthy skin, and add shine to a dog's coat.
2. A pet carrier if you're already dreading flying with your pet in a few weeks. This roomy bag has a sherpa-lined floor so your pet can sit comfortably, as well as mesh sides for ventilation and a top and side entry design so you can get your pet inside with minimal fuss. And the sides collapse slightly so you can easily stow it under an airplane seat.
3. A bag of hairball control cat treats for kitties who are prone to leaving you furry surprises. Ensuring your cat gets frequent brushings and has plenty of fresh water should also help reduce the frequency of their hairy hack-ups.
4. A mounted brush that'll satisfy your cat's ceaseless demands for scritches. Just mount it to a corner with the included adhesive strips and watch as your beloved babies leave you for the warm embrace of this gray and white piece of plastic.
5. A broom for pet hair to loosen the fur trapped in your carpet. It works just as well on wood and linoleum, with the rubber head working as a magnet to attract stray hairs. There's also a built-in squeegee for wiping up liquids or for cleaning glass. Plus, the handle extends from 36 to 60 inches so it can reach practically any mess.
6. A grooming rake so you can loosen fur and lighten your dog's undercoat and prevent future mats. This brush is specifically designed for pooches with thick, dense fur or double coats.
7. A Bissell Little Green Pet Pro, because who wants to spend hours on their hands and knees scrubbing cat vomit from the carpet? The answer: no one.
8. A pet hair remover if you love your fur baby but hate how much they shed...on everything. Roll it over your couch, bed, favorite blanket, you name it, and watch it lift the fur away. See, we can own nice things!!
9. A devastatingly effective handheld vacuum for sucking up pet hair. It has a special rubber nozzle that picks up fur with ease, especially on hard-to-vacuum areas like stairs. There's no bag, so simply pop off the canister when you're done vacuuming and dump the contents in the trash.
10. A nail file board that'll come in handy if your pup hates getting their nails trimmed but the scratch marks their overgrown claws make on your wood floors make you sad. This is like an emery board for your dog!
11. An interactive cat toy to quickly replace the bin full of other playthings you've bought your kitty over the years...and that they now won't even look at.
12. An adorable and basically tear-resistant stuffed duck so you can stop spending money on toys that your furry destroyer shreds in approximately 10 seconds. This lil' yellow duck doesn't look like it, but it's built to last.
13. A stimulating activity mat, because a bored pup is bound to get into trouble. With this, you can keep your doggos entertained and challenged, especially if you hide treats and kibble in it.
14. A purring cat toy if your kitty is suffering from anxiety. This purple guy has a built-in purring mechanism so your feline can enjoy the sensation of curling up to another purring "cat." It also plays calming, comforting sounds.
16. A bottle of Urine Gone, a stain- and odor-eliminating spray that'll penetrate carpet and break down dirt and grime. It's also safe for wood and tile, as well as on beds and couches.
17. An automatic water fountain to encourage your picky cats to stay hydrated. Some cats hate drinking still water (long story short, it's a defense mechanism), so a fountain with running water may be more enticing.
18. An odor-eliminating spray so you can lift stains and odors fast. Each spray releases bacteria that feeds on the ammonia left behind after your pet's accidents, eliminating the urine completely and deterring your pet from peeing in the same spot again.
19. A waterless cat bath because as much as we love Princess Fluffy, we hate when she stinks of poop and disdain for the human species. This leave-in foam can moisturize her skin and leave it squeaky clean.
20. A bottle of Burt's Bees dander-reducing spray if you want your cat's coat soft, shiny, and free of dander and flakes. It's made with aloe vera and oatmeal to condition dry skin and reduce redness.
21. A pack of Burt's Bees cat wipes for reducing dander and keeping your cats fresh. They're pretty similar to the spray, so it's up to you which format you prefer using with your kitties.
22. An anti-fungal antibacterial spray made with cooling aloe that'll treat a range of skin conditions, including allergies, cuts, hot spots, infections, rashes, and scrapes.
23. An ear treatment to clean your poor pet's ears of buildup and prevent inflammation and irritation. These ear drops are designed to protect against a variety of fungal and bacterial infections, like yeast and staph infections.
25. A set of mini combs because they'll gently detangle the fur around your pet's eyes that's been crusted with eye boogers. This stainless steel brush delicately picks out the goop so you don't have to touch it yourself.
26. An eye rinse if you need help getting rid of tear stains — aka those annoying reddish streaks some dogs have around their eyes.
27. A liquid tartar remover for dogs who desperately need their teeth cleaned but who also won't let you near them with a toothbrush. (Think of it as doggy mouthwash!) Just add this to their water and you'll notice your dog's plaque and bad breath subside.
28. An antibacterial, safe-to-swallow toothpaste that'll help prevent plaque buildup that can make your dog's breath extra funky.
29. A bag of dental chews with nubs to help loosen plaque and food bits *and* keep your pupperoni's breath fresh.
30. A bag of pill pockets so you can disguise icky medication that your dog immediately sniffs out and avoids when you try to hide it in their food.
31. A set of folding stairs because your fur baby just wants to join you on the couch for cuddles. It's great for senior pups and short-legged dogs who have trouble jumping or can't reach higher surfaces like a couch or bed. And despite it weighing only five pounds, it's sturdy enough to be able to support up to 150 pounds.
32. A doggie doorbell if you're tired of cleaning up after your pooch even though they're most definitely potty-trained. Teach your dog to ring a doorbell when he has to go potty, and you will have never run around the house asking, "Who did this?" as your dog tries to avoid making eye contact.
33. A pack of matatabi chew sticks for anyone who's tired of wasting money on catnip toys that your kitty couldn't care less about. Matatabi is a plant native to Japan and a catnip alternative (great for kitties who show no interest in catnip!). Plus, the stick format helps keep their teeth clean.
34. A rechargeable LED dog collar that'll grant you peace of mind if you have a large backyard and your pupper likes to go outside one more time before bed. No more losing your black dog!
35. A self-warming pet bed to keep your pet nice and toasty. (Reviewers with hairless cats say its great for keeping their naked bbs cozy and warm.)
36. A Chuckit! ball launcher so you can tire out your energetic pup with minimum effort on your part. You'll both have a ball — literally and figuratively!
37. A hooded kitty litter box because it's like the Lamborghini of litter boxes. It's big enough to fit a human (or a few cats) and has a built-in carbon filter for odors, a front door to prevent your kitty from tracking litter outside the box, an overlap mechanism to prevent leaking, and more!
38. A scented clumping litter if you're tired of inhaling an ammonia-scented dust cloud after every single scoop. No more trying to hold your breath the whole time; this dust-free litter clumps together tightly so it won't crumble mid-scoop and has 10-day odor control.
39. A pack of poop bags for holding, as the name implies, poop (or pee if you're emptying your cat's litter box)! Reviewers say they're also great for lining diaper pails.
41. A food storage container to keep your pets' kibble fresh and out of their greedy paws. The snap lock latches will prevent moisture and pests from seeping in.
42. A slow feeder bowl so you can stop your dog from inhaling their meal in a minute flat. These ridged bowls can help improve digestion, reduce bloating, and encourage your dog's foraging skills to keep their mind active.
43. An automatic pet feeder because it's time to regain your freedom from your furry overlords. No more being woken up at 6 a.m. by a hungry pet or having your Zoom meetings interrupted by yowling in the background because dinner is one minute late.
44. A cat tree if you want to spoil your kitty with the playhouse of their dreams. It has scratching surfaces, exploring surfaces, and relaxing surfaces — your cat can take its pick. And it comes together in just 30 minutes so your fur baby won't even have time to take interest in the cardboard box in which it arrives.
Jackson Cunningham founded his small business, Tuft + Paw, in 2016 after adopting a cat from a local rescue. He started Tuft + Paw to create quality cat-first furniture, which he felt was missing from the market. Tuft + Paw also offers a 50% discount if you purchase and donate any of their products to a shelter.
Promising review: "The Milo cat tree is terrific. Have had it for a month and it blows away all 'cat trees.' This is so much more than any other cat tree you can find in the store and online. It is beautiful, well-designed, and provides plenty of things for the cat to do. Highly recommend it." —Brett C.
Get it from Tuft + Paw for $999.
45. A pair of dog leggings (!!!!!) for keeping Fido's legs — not just his paws — protected from all the mysterious mucky stuff outside. Now he can play all day in the puddles and the mud until he tires himself out without you having to worry about your carpets paying the price.
Walkee Paws is a small biz started by pet owner Lisa Baronoff. You may have seen them on Shark Tank! Get 15% off site-wide with the code WALKEEBUZZ.
Promising review: "I love the Walkee Paws. Unlike the other type of dog boots, these stay on her tiny feet. My little girl never liked walking in the rain or snow. The first time I put them on her inside the house, she was hesitant to walk but with a little coaxing she walked off the rug onto the wooden floor. When she realized that she didn't slip, she started acting silly running back and forth in the house. Now she loves walking in the snow and water puddles." —Cynthia C.
Get them from Walkee Paws for $39.99 (available in sizes XS–L and in eight colors).