We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An immunity-boosting allergy supplement because your doggo deserves relief from their allergies and skin sensitivities. These soft chews deliver a dose of probiotics and other nutrients to help improve immune function, aide digestion, promote healthy skin, and add shine to a dog's coat.
Promising review: "Absolutely the best product. It saved my itchy goldendoodle! We tried changing food, Benadryl, medicated shampoo, fish oil, everything you can imagine... nothing worked long-term. He was itching his face so badly he would make himself bleed. Had sores and scabs all over his face and neck. I bought these because they had good reviews and I was desperate. It changed his life! He no longer scratches AT ALL! His coat looks great and all of his sores are healed. He’s the happiest he’s been which makes me a very happy momma. He is also very picky and never eats treats... he eats these every time so that’s an added bonus!" —Darcie Nation
Get them from Amazon for $25.96.
2. A pet carrier if your cat has decided that their carrier is Public Enemy No. 1. This bag is designed to keep your cat calm — it's roomy and has a heads-out design — so you can travel with and groom them without issue.
Promising review: "I have a 20-pound, 13-year-old diabetic cat who haaaaaaates going to the vet, so in an attempt to make her as comfy as possible, I purchased this carrier. The day it arrived I unzipped it and set it on the floor and found her sleeping in it hours later LOL. My vet even commented on how nice it was. She has to go in every so often for them to test her glucose levels and they don't even have to take her out of the carrier; they just unzip the top portion and can draw blood easier that way since she can't really escape (or bite them like she did the first visit without this carrier). He told me he wished more cat owners had a carrier like this since it made their job much easier that day." —SaraPo
Get it from Amazon for $26.10+ (available in two sizes and two colors).
3. A bag of hairball control cat treats for kitties who are prone to leaving you furry surprises. Ensuring your cat gets frequent brushings and has plenty of fresh water should also help reduce the frequency of their hairy hack-ups.
4. A mounted brush that'll satisfy your cat's ceaseless demands for scritches. Just mount it to a corner with the included adhesive strips and watch as your beloved babies leave you for the warm embrace of this gray and white piece of plastic.
Promising review: "My cat Gambino Bambino would let you brush him bald!!! He loves to be groomed and comes running whenever the brush comes out. Though we love to accommodate, I know he wanted more. He was constantly rubbing his cheeks and ears on the corner of our walls to get even more scratching. I finally came across this product and knew he would love it! It took a little convincing but once he got a hang of it he’s been loving it! We have one in the living room, one in the kitchen, one at the top of the stairs and one in the guest room! He is having a great time!!! Very easy to put together and place on the wall." —T. Mangiaracina
Get it from Amazon for $3.74.
5. A broom for pet hair to loosen the fur trapped in your carpet. It works just as well on wood and linoleum, with the rubber head working as a magnet to attract stray hairs. There's also a built-in squeegee for wiping up liquids or for cleaning glass. Plus, the handle extends from 36 to 60 inches so it can reach practically any mess.
My colleague Emma Lord, a self-professed shedder, also swears by this broom! Check out here full FURemover Broom review for more deets.
Promising review: "I bought this broom based on the tons of great reviews and I am not disappointed. I love this broom! It is lightweight but sturdy. I have used it on tile floors and carpet and it does a great job of getting the pet hair, lint, and dirt. I like this so much better than our traditional push broom. It is very easy to clean after use just using my hand, unlike our old broom. It also has a telescoping handle so that you can adjust it to whatever height you need. There is also a squeegee for doing the house windows and the car windows. I highly recommend it." —Joyce V
Get it from Amazon for $12.44.
6. A grooming rake so you can loosen fur and lighten your dog's undercoat and prevent future mats. This brush is specifically designed for pooches with thick, dense fur or double coats.
Promising review: "I wish I could give this thing seven stars, but five will have to do. I was able to pull entire sheets of undercoat out of our husky without disturbing the topcoat. I've never had anything work so well. It's even easier to keep the fur pile together. The fur stays clumped instead of getting spread out and floating around like with the blade style Furminator. This thing really digs the loose stuff out so much faster and easier. Check the photo to see what 20 minutes will get you." —pvfjr
Get it from Amazon for $13.21.
7. A Bissell SpotBot, because who wants to spend hours on their hands and knees scrubbing cat vomit from the carpet? The answer: no one.
This portable carpet cleaner will spray, brush, and suction up any stain, no adult supervision needed. It also comes with a hose and tool attachment if you'd prefer a more hands-on cleaning session.
Promising review: "This machine is amazing. I was shocked. My dogs had a severe diarrhea blowout from getting into some people food and garbage. My carpet looked beyond repair. We used the cleaning solution that came with it and also used Nature's Miracle carpet shampoo liquid. I am sold on the SpotBot. It is fabulous and gets out any set-in stain. Not a trace left and we didn't have to do a thing but move the machine to a different spot when it was done. No work for us!" —MK
Get it from Amazon for $179.99.
8. A pet hair remover if you love your fur baby but hate how much they shed...on everything. Roll it over your couch, bed, favorite blanket, you name it, and watch it lift the fur away. See, we can own nice things!!
Promising review: "Where has this been all my cat-loving life? Sticky rollers work fine for clothes, but this is the only product that has ever COMPLETELY removed all the cat hair from my bed. I have a long-haired 20-pound tabby and if you run your hands up his back a few times and fling the hair everywhere, it looks like it's snowing — he never stops shedding no matter what I do. After using the ChomChom, I can put on a black dress and roll around on my bed and not get a single hair on me. It's absolutely amazing. Everyone is getting one for Christmas, even if they don't have a pet. I don't care, it's THAT good." —Stephanie
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
9. And a devastatingly effective handheld vacuum for sucking up pet hair. It has a special rubber nozzle that picks up fur with ease, especially on hard-to-vacuum areas like stairs. There's no bag, so simply pop off the canister when you're done vacuuming and dump the contents in the trash.
Promising review: "WOW!!! This is legit the best thing to happen to my couches EVER. This product is worth WAYYYY more than I paid. I’m still baffled at how quick and easily this cleans the pet hair from my couches. By far the best hair removal vacuum I have ever used. Make sure apply some pressure when you use this and it works PERFECT!!" —Elizabeth
Get it from Amazon for $36.99.
10. A hands-free poop bag holder that'll clip to the leash so you don't have to hold your dog's business.
Beth Herriman, the creator of the dooloop, adopted two rescue basset hounds and was annoyed by having to juggle multiple leashes and poop bags on walks. This doggone handy gadget is handmade in Maine from non-toxic compostable plastic.
Promising review: "If you walk your dog, this is a very handy item that attaches easily to the leash and provides a discreet way of getting your dog's poop home neatly." —Wilma
Get it from The Grommet for $9.95 (available in five colors).
11. An interactive cat toy to quickly replace the bin full of other playthings you've bought your kitty over the years...and that they now won't even look at.
Promising review: "I have a whole room filled with cat toys that my cat is not interested in. It's funny how the least expensive cat toy I have makes him go crazy. He plays with this until he's panting like a dog and I have never seen him jump so high. I'm certain this toy will help him lose his belly. He loves it! I highly recommend it!" —Kwoo
Get it from Amazon for $2.95.
12. An adorable and basically tear-resistant stuffed duck so you can stop spending money on toys that your furry destroyer shreds in approximately 10 seconds. This lil' yellow duck doesn't look like it, but it's built to last.
Promising review: "My dog Hazel LOVES this duck! She has had it for nine months now, and it’s still intact! It somehow made it through her teething as a puppy. She rips and tears apart all of her toys, but this one still looks decent!" —Emily A
Get it from Amazon for $4.79+ (available in three styles).
13. A challenging activity mat because it requires your pet's focus and undivided attention. It's not uncommon for pets who are not getting enough mental stimulation to become destructive and disruptive. With this, you can keep your doggos entertained and engaged, especially if you hide treats and kibble in it.
DogNmat is a small business that makes the cutest snuffle mats and pooch accessories.
Promising review: "My lil' dog absolutely LOVES her snuffle mat. She was flipping, shaking, forging, pawing it to get every treat. I had to help her get to some of the treats in some hiding places because I put the treats too deep in some places she couldn't get her nose to get it. I'll be ordering another one because another dog I take care of LOVES it too! Exceptional quality, vibrant colors, fun and mentally stimulating for my dog. Excellent customer service. Thank you so much!" —chris Gray
14. A purring cat toy if your kitty is suffering from anxiety. This purple guy has a built-in purring mechanism so your feline can enjoy the sensation of curling up to another purring "cat." It also plays calming, comforting sounds.
Promising review: "Works like a charm! I recently found myself a cat mama of an abandoned week-old kitten. I bought this knowing she needed just something to cuddle up to in her bed. Turns out it basically hypnotizes her to sleep. She crawls to it, kneads it and eventually her meows turn to silence. I wish the purring lasted longer but for $10 it is a lifesaver. She's pooped on it a couple of times so I've had to throw it in the washer and dryer minus the battery pack. It's held up great." —S Leytem
Get it from Amazon for $12.74.
15. A durable chew toy for withstanding a play session with even the most vigorous chewer.
Promising review: "My 1-year-old Pyredane loves this big ball. She carries it around and loves to chew the rope and the ball. Her greatest delight is in gnashing and destroying toys, and my delight is if they last more than a week (ballistic material toys don't stand a chance with her). The Jolly Pet Romp-n-Roll makes us both happy. We play chase games with it but she also enjoys playing with it by herself. There are teeth marks all over the ball and the rope is a little frayed, but both are holding up fabulously. The ball was a little stiff new from the package, but after sitting in the yard for about a week, the ball softened enough that she can squeeze it. When she finally destroys it, I'll definitely buy another." —L. Colburn
Get it from Amazon for $8.50+ (available in three sizes and six colors).
16. A bottle of Urine Gone, a stain- and odor-eliminating spray that'll penetrate carpet and break down dirt and grime. It's also safe for wood and tile, as well as on beds and couches.
Promising review: "This worked great for taking the urine odor out of my hardwood floors and also my carpets. This was used on both dog and cat urine and the smell is gone after just one treatment. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is trying to get rid of pet urine odors. The smell of the product is also not bad." —SVaith
Get it from Amazon for $9.88.
17. An automatic water fountain to encourage your picky cats to stay hydrated. Some cats hate drinking still water (long story short, it's a defense mechanism), so a fountain with running water may be more enticing.
It also comes with three replacement filters and a mat.
Promising review: "My cat likes to drink out of the toilet. I bought her a $60 stainless-steel teardrop fountain which she never used (not to mention how loud it is). I tried closing the toilet to force her to drink out of it, but then she resorted to meowing next to the sink. So I asked my sister, who is a vet, what I should do. She suggested a flower fountain since cats are more inclined to drink out of them. This thing is amazing. It is DEAD silent with the flower cap on, and without it it has a nice waterfall sound. My cat, even with the toilet bowl open, consistently chooses to drink from this. It’s been a lifesaver. I honestly do not have a single bad thing to say about this." —Minno Durkin
Get it from Amazon for $26.99 (available in two colors).
18. An odor-eliminating spray because the smell of pee wafting from your carpet — even though you've diligently cleaned up after every pet mess — makes relaxing in the living room near impossible. Each spray releases bacteria that feeds on the ammonia left behind after your pet's accidents, eliminating the urine completely and deterring your pet from peeing in the same spot again.
Promising review: "I have six elderly cats, and a few of them oftentimes leave smelly pee puddles to register their disdain at whatever cats get 'peed off' about. It's not a litter box problem and, although I've caught one or two of them doing it, I can't blame them all. This product works great on fresh messes as well as dried ones. After blotting up fresh pee pads, I saturate the area with Rocco & Roxie's odor remover and let dry. For dried stinky stuff, I just saturate the area and let it dry. It has a pleasant odor and completely eliminates the ammonia odor. Believe me, I've tried all kinds of products, and this one works the best. I buy gallons now just to have on hand. It's better than smelling that awful pee!" —mona mia
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
Check out our in-depth Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength Stain & Odor Eliminator review.
19. A waterless cat bath because as much as we love Princess Fluffy, we hate when she stinks of poop and disdain for the human species. This leave-in foam can moisturize her skin and leave it squeaky clean.
Promising review: "My cat, despite getting bathed frequently, still manages to smell like a combination of mouth, belly button lint, and floor. I bathed her with this tonight and she smells like a spring baby. I can't stop huffing her soft head. I didn't think it was possible to love her any more, but I'm a changed man. This stuff rocks." —J. Ham
20. A bottle of Burt's Bees dander-reducing spray if you want your cat's coat soft, shiny, and free of dander and flakes. It's made with aloe vera and oatmeal to condition dry skin and reduce redness.
Promising review: "We have an overweight cat that has trouble grooming her back. She was so full of dandruff and greasy fur that I hated petting her. We took her to the vet, and he thought it was allergies. We tried prednisone for a while, and it was clear she was less itchy, but the dandruff remained. The vet suggested different food, so we switched to a different flavor (different ingredients) in the same line, and there was no change. Our poor girl looked miserable. We decided to try a bath, but she's 13 years old so we knew she wouldn't enjoy it. While looking for a shampoo for her, I came across this product and decided to try it before torturing her with a bath. After the first application there was a huge difference! After the second application, her dandruff is GONE. We spray her down and then brush her. She is so soft and shiny! She finally looks healthy, and feels good to pet." —Amber Steele
21. A pack of Burt's Bees cat wipes for reducing dander and keeping your cats fresh. They're pretty similar to the spray, so it's up to you which format you prefer using with your kitties.
Promising review: "Our son was having a lot of dander on his back near the base of his tail. We kept up the brushing but it wasn't going away. Looking at the reviews I decided to go for the dander wipes. Well I have used it twice and was blown away. His dander is pretty much all gone now. Plus his hair seems shinier and silkier after his brushing and using the wipes. Not to mention our baby boy looks just like the cat on the packaging. All around I will continue to buy these and use once a week or twice every two weeks to keep up his beautiful orange coat. Thanks Burt's Bees!" —Tom Cincotta
22. An anti-fungal antibacterial spray made with cooling aloe to treat a range of skin conditions, including allergies, cuts, hot spots, infections, rashes, and scrapes.
Promising review: "My Frenchie chews on his paws night and day. I’ve tried raw diets, but it was not a food allergy. My dog just produces too much yeast in his paws and tail pocket that he just can’t help it but gnaw in this paws for hours on and scooting his butt to get that itch in that tail pocket. I’ve tried foot soaks, balms, and so many other products, wasting so much money. This is the first product that worked! The smell is very pleasant and easy application; be careful don’t let your dog ingest it. I love this product and won’t be using any other product. Since I’ve been using it, his paws are starting to look normal and not all red/raw and chewed up. I would recommend this to any animal owner to use this if the pets have skin issues." —