We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Jeopardy 2023 daily calendar (RIP Alex Trebek) for testing your trivia-loving giftee's knowledge (and yours too!). What is "the best gift ever?"
Each question has a different wager so you can track your winnings for the year.
Promising review: "I use this calendar at work to quiz my coworkers. They all love it. The questions are very good and challenging. If you like Jeopardy and calendars, you'll love this." —Jeremy J. Harker
Get it from Amazon for $15.29.
2. Hand Lettering 101 if they want to improve their penmanship. Also, Meghan Markle did calligraphy before she met Prince Harry, and I'm not saying that this book will help them marry their own prince, but I'm also not saying that that is outside the realm of possibility.
3. Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza, a fast-paced card-slapping game so they can destroy their family and friends at the next game night.
4. A 2023 Bubble Wrap calendar because you shouldn't underestimate the daily thrill they'll experience of popping each bubble.
5. A screaming goat that'll accurately portray their mood 99% of the time. It sits on a tree stump and shrieks whenever you touch it, and all I can say is "same."
6. A Carhartt beanie to keep their noggin warm this winter. And it comes in enough cute colors that you'll maybe wanna grab one for yourself too!
7. An immersive Meta Quest 2 if they've been itching to give virtual reality a try. It'll take gaming, exercising, and even just movie watching to a whole new level.
8. The new AirPods Pro for Dad, who is constantly on work calls and who swears you're breathing too loud even though you're in the other room. These'll block out the distracting noise of roommates, nearby construction, downstairs neighbors, and more with active noise cancellation. And there's transparency mode when he wants to still be able to hear what's going on around him — like when Mom screams that it's time for dinner.
Promising review: "I have purchased every generation of AirPods. When I first read the reviews here, before purchasing these AirPods, I thought people were perhaps exaggerating a bit. But after having them for two days, what they say is absolutely true. The sound is amazing. Light years better than the AirPods Pro 1. It’s hard to believe that the richness of sound and bass can actually be produced by these small speakers. The noise cancellation feature is outstanding; in fact, when I took them out of my ears, and was hit with the onslaught of actual live sound around me, I realized just how effective the noise filtration is. They’re comfortable, fit great in my ears, especially with the choices of circular ear pads that are included, and the battery life is so much better than the previous generation. Love these guys. Very satisfying purchase." —M. SHAPIRO
Get them from Amazon for $229.99.
9. The Adventure Challenge: Couples Edition — a book of scratch-off dates so your favorite couple can add some spontaneity to their relationship with a book of scratch-off dates. Each activity is a surprise until they scratch it off. They'll also get an instant camera so they can snap a pic of all the fun they have during each challenge.
Promising review: "I was gifted this and LOVED it! This is something truly SPECIAL and MEANINGFUL that I would purchase as a gift for any occasion. Not only was the whole experience freakin FUN and memorable; we really enjoyed reading the introduction to The Adventure Challenge! It made my boyfriend and I realize A LOT about life! From the packaging to the intricate details of the product...this is something you won't regret purchasing. Love what this company represents and was honored to be a part of the experience! Keep up the great work!" —Monique S.
The Adventure Challenge Shipping Info: Items typically ship in one to two business days. Ground (4–10 business days), standard (3–7 business days) and express (2–3 business days) shipping is available. (Express shipping is available for select locations and orders that do *not* contain a Signature Camera). See The Adventure Challenge's full shipping information here.
10. A pound of cereal marshmallows, because as much as they love you, they've tolerated you eating the marshmallows from their box of Lucky Charms for far, far, far too long.
11. A National Geographic geode kit that'll make for a ~smashing~ gift. Now hand me those goggles, please!
12. A pair of fleece-lined joggers to keep their legs nice and toasty if they're always freezing cold.
Promising review: "I'm very happy with these warm pants. My house is very cold in the winter, and I am very cold in the winter. A few reviewers commented that the fit is weird. It is not. These are sweatpants, and with a thick lining; what did you expect? They are very comfortable and warm. They are stiffer than regular sweatpants because of the lining. But they are sweatpants — meaning they were never meant to make you look like a fashion queen. Just imagine curling up on the sofa with hot chocolate and a friendly cat during polar vortex in your fleece lined pants. Nice and cozy!" —Angela Thompson
Get it from Amazon for $38.99 (available in women's sizes XS–XXL and 12 styles).
13. A set of two 1,000-piece murder mystery puzzles for putting their sleuthing skills to use. Once they assemble the puzzle, read the included booklet and try to figure out whodunnit.
14. A rock climbing mug if your giftee wants to challenge their grip strength. This'll ~hold~ a special place in their heart *and* in the front of their cabinet so it's always the first mug they grab.
15. A tube of Glossier Balm Dotcom so they can finally see what all the hype is about. This moisturizing lip treatment is made with castor oil, lanolin, and beeswax to lock in moisture and create a protective barrier.
16. A craft kit because it's two gifts in one! They'll learn sewing basics and *and* create a fox friend complete with mix-and-match clothing and accessories.
17. A versatile Always Pan from Our Place that'll get the job done and look good while doing it. At the intersection of style and function is this pan, which has a steamer basket, a built-in easy-pour spout, and a nesting spatula.
18. InStyler Glossie to shorten the straightening process for folks with thick, coily hair. The paddle offers more surface area for your strands, meaning it needs fewer passes to straighten.
19. Or a Chi automatic curling iron for protecting your injury-prone friend's fingers from burns. All they have to do is insert their hair into the chamber and the curler will automatically wrap it around the heated rod. It'll beep when the curl has set and that's it!
20. A pack of claw clips if they want a stylish and Gen Z-approved way to hold up their hair. Reviewers say they're strong and durable, even for thicker hair.
21. A Baby Yoda Bluetooth speaker with a built-in strap so The Force (and the beats) are always with them.
22. Or a pair of glowing lightsaber chopsticks because they need the skill of a Jedi to bring that spicy tuna roll from their plate to their mouth. Buy this, you must! "My favorite gift, this is!" they'll say.
My colleague Emma Lord bought these and loves them. In her own words:
"I bought these for myself, and I love them to pieces. TBH, I use them as decor every bit as much as I use them to eat. Sometimes I just keep them in my work area to light them up during the day to feel fancy. They toggle back and forth between a bunch of different colors, like red, blue, yellow, purple, and multicolor, so you can either make them match *or* have a red and blue one together and bring ~balance~ to the Force."
Promising review: "I purchased these for a friend's birthday present (he is a sushi waiter) and these are flippin' AMAZING. I ordered two sets by mistake, but I am totally keeping the second pair for another gift (or for myself!). These are sure to be great conversation pieces and attention getters. Way to go!" —T. Redwood
Shipping Info: Non-Prime shipping options will arrive by Christmas (see Amazon’s full shipping information here).
Get them from Amazon for $10.97.
23. Pixicade — a mobile game maker that'll transform their drawings into animated games they can play on a phone or tablet. Yep, you read that right. All they need to do is draw, snap a pic, and a playable animated version will come to life.
24. A pair of ultra comfy and cozy Aerie leggings to make them literally stop opening gifts so they can change into their new leggings.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE these leggings! I feel like I've been searching for a pair just like this forever and I finally found it. They are thicker than my other pairs of Aerie leggings and are perfect for fall/winter! I love the side pockets too. The waist stays exactly where it should be. I 100% recommend!" —EMMA
Shipping Info: Standard (3–5 business days), 2-day, and overnight shipping are available.
Get them from Aerie for $32.97 (available in women's sizes XXS–XXL, XS–XL short, XS–XL long, and 13 colors).
25. A waterproof Kindle Paperwhite for the minimalist who's in desperate need of a good read but who also hates the idea of cluttering their home with more books.
26. A cult-favorite ~secret~ popcorn salt if their favorite food is movie theater popcorn. Well, lucky for them this seasoning gives regular microwave popcorn the salty and savoriness they've only experienced with popcorn at the movies. In fact, several reviewers who've worked at the movie theaters and amusement parks swear this is the stuff they used at work, so you know it's the real deal.
BuzzFeed writer Emma Lord swears by this stuff:
"Our family recently unearthed this because beloved To All The Boys I've Loved Before author Jenny Han mentioned that it was her secret to delicious popcorn, and it may have just wrecked me for other at-home popcorn for the rest of my life. It genuinely tastes just as salty and buttery and savory as fresh movie theater popcorn. I inhaled it so fast that every single one of my organs lit up in mild alarm."
Promising review: "This product really does taste just like the movie popcorn salt. What I like best is the very fine grind of this salt: it is almost a powder and sticks very well to whatever you use it on. You will find other uses for this product besides popcorn. I am very satisfied with this product." —TW
Get it from Amazon for $9.25.
27. A pair of Levi's ribcage straight leg jeans so your fave Gen Z’er can give their black leggings a much-deserved break.
I have two pairs and love 'em equally! They strike the perfect balance between rigidity/structure (I'm not a fan of super soft denim) and comfort. Unlike the reviewer below, I went with my normal size and the waist is *chef's kiss* perfect. That said, they are not the comfiest jeans if you plan to sit for extended periods of time. I call them "walking jeans," aka great for days when I'm about and about. These would not be my first choice for loungewear. One other perk — quite literally — is that they make your butt look a-mazing. The fit in the waist, thighs, and butt is similar to the Wedgie Fit (another Levi's style that I love) but they're straight through the legs instead of snug.
Promising review: "I am an avid Levi's wearer — it's the only brand of jeans I like because of the variety of styles/cut they have. These ribcage jeans hit right at the ribcage but due to the stretch in the fabric don't feel as though they are cutting into my waist. I purchased could've gone down a size because of the stretch but I like how they look so I am definitely satisfied with them." —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $47.70 (available in women's sizes 24–39 and 13 washes).