Just 29 Fall Things You Need Because Somehow It’s That Time Of Year Again
Including a mini portable bonfire for s'mores on demand, a blanket in a box if you're looking for a new fall hobby, and the best salve for dry skin.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A tub of O'Keeffe's hand cream to replenish moisture in your hands, which are usually dry and cracked come fall. It forms a protective layer around your hands, locking in hydration and preventing moisture from escaping.
2. A window insulator kit for keeping you warm *and* saving you money on your heating bills. The clear film shrinks to create an airtight lining to prevent drafts and heat loss.
3. A pair of super soft high-waisted leggings because I can't think of a cozier fall plan than slipping into these, curling up under a blanket with a hot apple cider, and watching every movie in the Halloween franchise. And should you choose to leave the house, reviewers say they're definitely opaque so you can live your best life without worrying about showing everyone your underwear.
4. A humidifier that'll add much-needed moisture to the dry fall air. Your hair, skin, and nasal passages, will thank you!
5. A self-warming pet bed if you want to ensure your fur babies are warm and toasty now that the temps are dropping.
6. Embryolisse, a multi-tasking cult-favorite French moisturizer so you can prevent the dry, flaky skin that happens when fall starts. It doubles as a primer and face mask, so consider this a 3-for-1 value purchase.
7. Or a tub of CeraVe face and body moisturizer to enjoy 24 hours of head-to-toe hydration. It contains three ceramides, which help the skin retain its moisture, plus hyaluronic acid, another ingredient known for keeping skin plump and hydrated.
8. A snuggly comforter for officially marking the end of summer with a changing of the bedspreads. Swaddle yourself in this hypoallergenic comforter and experience previously unknown levels of coziness.
9. A Levi's faux leather jacket because it's truly a wardrobe staple you'll use this fall and next fall and the fall after that.
10. A snout soother that'll basically guarantee your pup's snoot is always soft, moisturized, and oh-so boopable — no matter the season.
11. A bottle of pumpkin spice syrup if the best part of fall is undoubtedly that it's socially acceptable to add pumpkin spice flavoring to everything. Keep this handy and pour it in hot and iced coffees and teas as well as milk and hot cocoas. Heck, you can even add a dash to your baked goods.
12. A reversible fleece and sherpa blanket so you can live out your fall fantasy of sipping cocoa and reading a book in front of a cozy bonfire.
13. A string of fairy lights to create a little magic in any dark spaces. Now you have the perfect ambiance for a movie night or reading session.
14. A mug for anyone who appreciates both memes *and* Halloween, which is arguably the best holiday. Nobody: *crickets* Absolutely not one single person: *crickets* Me: You know what? Halloween isn't arguably the best holiday. It's definitively the best holiday.
15. Or an Ember Mug2 because you can set the exact temperature of your PSL from your phone or smart watch.
16. Black Cats & Evil Eyes, a book that'll explain the origins of some very well-known superstitions — like why people use horseshoes to ward off evil and why you should avoid walking under ladders. Feels appropriate for the upcoming spooky season!
19. A creamy paw butter to guard against ice and salt in the fall and winter, and scorching hot sidewalks and sand in the summer. This balm moisturizes dry, cracked paws and snoots and is safe if licked or swallowed.
20. Or a pair of dog leggings (!!!!!) for keeping Fido's legs — not just his paws — protected from many of the hazards of fall. Now he can play in all the puddles and snow and you don't have to deep clean your carpets. A win-win!
21. A pair of leaf scoops because your knees and back deserve some ~re-leaf~ this fall.
Promising review: "We have a very large wooded property that requires a lot of leaves and sticks to be raked up. We have tried various brands of leaf scoops but most lasted not even one season. Since purchasing the ReLeaf Leaf Scoops are job has been much easier. First of all is the way your hands grasp the scoops. These are much more ergonomic and are actually like extensions of your own hands. Second, these are very sturdy and do not bend when trying to pick up a pile of sticks and debris. We have made it through the season so far without issue. Next will be the dreaded fall cleanup. I highly recommend the ReLeaf Leaf Scoops which make our yard, woods and garden cleanup easier." —trouble54
Get a pair from Amazon for $26.95.
22. And a large garden dustpan that'll hold all the junk. It's made of a sturdy waterproof material so you don't have to worry about it ripping on the way to the garbage can. Plus you don't have to hold it open; you can just shovel or rake debris into it. Genius!
Promising review: "As large as I hoped, allowing me to fill them with leaves and press the leaves down several times, to move a LARGE amount of leaves in one go. Two different straps are placed so the full bag is easy to carry. Flat side of the opening DOES stay close to the ground, allowing easy 'sweep' of the rake to move leaves into the plenty-wide opening. Might be my most-loved leaf processing tool this fall, because I save and chip all my leaves. I also ordered the Bully Tool 1000 Poly Leaf Scoop, which works perfectly to press/compact the leaves in the bag." —June S.
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $19.99.