32 Products Under $25 Pet Owners Will Probably Want On Hand
Including a paw fur trimmer, pet-safe plants, and a healing balm that applies like deodorant and makes hot spots vanish.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A mounted brush that'll satisfy your cat's ceaseless demands for scritches. Just mount it to a corner with the included adhesive strips and watch as your beloved babies leave you for the warm embrace of this gray and white piece of plastic.
2. A pet hair roller if you love your fur babies but hate how much they shed...on everything. Roll it over your couch, bed, favorite blanket, you name it, and watch it lift the fur away. See, we can own nice things!!
3. Or this pet hair remover to do the dang job. This thingamajig couldn't be easier to use; just run it over your carpet, couch, clothes, car seats, and more and it'll collect pet fur that's deeply embedded.
4. An air-purifying pet-safe plant for green thumbs who want some vegetation in their home but who also want to ensure everything they bring into the house is not toxic to pets.
5. A portable paw cleaner so your floors aren't covered in muddy footprints after letting your dog inside. Inside the container are soft bristles that lift dirt and grime from the pads of your pup's feet — all you need to do is add water.
6. A vegan healing balm because your poor pup's allergies are flaring up and they deserve relief. This anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial balm is made to help reduce irritation, itching, redness, and swelling, as well as heal cuts and scrapes and prevent scarring.
8. A brightening shampoo if your pup's white coat is looking a little dull. This soap-free shampoo is made for white and light colored coats, and can help soften your dog's fur while making it shine. (Psst! If your dog's coat is changing colors, you may want to schedule an appointment with a vet as this may be a sign of health issues.)
9. A broom for pet hair to loosen the fur trapped in your carpet. It works just as well on wood and linoleum, with the rubber head working as a magnet to attract stray hairs. There's also a built-in squeegee for wiping up liquids or for cleaning glass. Plus, the handle extends from 36 to 60 inches so it can reach practically any mess.
10. A hair-removing glove for curbing your dog's shedding as well as satisfying his endless desire for some rubbies. It's great if your dog or cat goes running at the sight of a brush.
11. An odor-eliminating spray so you can lift stains and odors fast. Each spray releases bacteria that feeds on the ammonia left behind after your pet's accidents, eliminating the urine completely and deterring your pet from peeing in the same spot again.
12. A creamy paw butter because your pet deserves a little spoiling. This balm moisturizes dry, cracked paws and snoots and is safe if licked or swallowed.
13. A self-cleaning slicker brush that'll remove so much loose hair that you'll wish there was a black market for pet fur. Maybe the hairless cats are paying. Is this the weirdest paragraph I've ever written? Maybe!
14. An automatic water fountain if your picky cat demands to drink only from the bathroom faucet. Some cats hate drinking still water (long story short, it's a defense mechanism), so a fountain with running water may be more enticing.
15. An ear treatment to clean your poor pet's ears of buildup and prevent inflammation and irritation. These ear drops are designed to protect against a variety of fungal and bacterial infections, like yeast and staph infections.
16. A pack of Burt's Bees cat wipes for reducing dander and keeping your cats fresh between baths. They're made with aloe vera and oatmeal to condition dry skin and reduce redness.
17. A bottle of Burt's Bees dander-reducing spray so your cat's coat is soft, shiny, and free of dander and flakes. They're pretty similar to the spray, so it's up to you which format your prefer using with your kitties.
18. A hilarious crying Drake dog toy because your pet only loves their bed and their mama (you). This delicate toy isn't made for tough chewers, but it will speak to dawgs who love hip-hop.
19. An interactive cat toy that'll appease your furry rulers and occupy them for a few hours...until they come howling for dinner.
20. A bacon-flavored wishbone chew toy if you want your pooch to channel their energy into destroying this and not your shoes. The curved shape makes it easy for lil' paws to grip, plus reviewers say it lasts a long time...a really long time.
21. An eye wash to gently clear any goop and crusty eye boogers that have accumulated on your cat's face.
22. A calming diffuser kit for helping stressed-out kitties relax. This is especially useful if your cat is having trouble adjusting to new surroundings or has separation anxiety.
23. An adorable and basically tear-resistant stuffed duck so you can stop spending money on toys that your furry destroyer shreds in approximately 10 seconds. This lil' yellow duck doesn't look like it, but it's built to last.
24. An alcohol-free doggie ~pawfume~ because you've definitely buried your face in your dog's soft fur and then instantly pulled back because they smell like hot garbage. This helps get rid of their funk while also conditioning their coat.
25. A self-warming pet bed that'll keep your kitties nice and toasty. (Reviewers with hairless cats say it's great for keeping their naked bbs cozy and warm.)
26. A purring cat toy if you're waking every hour because your anxious kitty won't stop meowing. This purple guy has a built-in purring mechanism so your feline can enjoy the sensation of curling up to another purring "cat." It also plays calming, comforting sounds.
27. A trimmer for furry paws to safely shave any long paw hairs. This will help prevent ice balls from forming that make walking uncomfortable for your pooch. Plus reviewers say it's great for gently removing excess fur from around the eyes, or trimming a clear path around the booty hole.
28. A combination of dog treats and cat treats for pet ~paw-rents~ who know that if you buy something for one kid, you gotta get the other one a treat too. Now no one can accuse you of playing favorites!
29. A pack of matatabi chew sticks so you can spoil your sweet baby *and* help them keep their teeth clean. Matatabi is a plant native to Japan and a catnip alternative (great for kitties who show no interest in catnip!).
30. A "Did you feed the dog?" sign because Fido is taking advantage of confusion re: whether he was fed to trick you into giving him another scoop of kibble.
31. A cozy window hammock that'll provide Sir Fluffington II with his own little perch *and* satisfy his natural curiosity by letting him watch the birds, the squirrels, and your next door neighbor walk to the mailbox in their underwear.
32. A dog treat mix if your pet deserves only the best. Just combine the mix with oil and water and pop it in the oven for a protein-rich biscuit that's made to add shine to your dog's coat, encourage healthy skin and nails, help reduce shedding and scratching, and aid digestion and overall health.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.