Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A satin spaghetti strap dress with a chic cowl neck and a built-in shelf bra so looking good doesn't come at the cost of not being able to enjoy the buffet and move freely on the dance floor.
Promising review: "This is the perfect dress! I gave it 5 stars because I am impressed. I didn't think it was going to be this gorgeous for that price. Fits beautiful; it's stretchy so that makes it fit better and elegant. You can wear for weddings, parties, etc. I recommend it 100%. The only downside is that the material is satin and so, you need to be careful with your nails or ring or anything that can pull the material and ruin it. But if you are careful like me, you'll be perfectly fine." —YNunez
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 38 styles).
2. A chiffon midi dress that'll bring a ~tier~ to your eyes the minute you shimmy into it.
Promising review: "So pretty! Very comfortable! The ruffles are noticeable but not over the top and annoying. Just a nice, cool, lightweight fabric that you can dress up or down. I got the black and you can’t see through it." —AmaznCustoMoM
Get it from Amazon for $34.98 (available in sizes S–XL and in 19 styles).
3. A bodycon dress with a cutout waist and exposed back band if you're fully aware that this is technically not your wedding but still want to feel like the star of the show. This dress has big "main character energy" if you ask me.
Get 15% off sitewide with our exclusive code BUZZFEED.
Promising review: "I would say this dress is true to size and with the stretchy fabric, it sat exactly how I wanted it! So elegant and perfect for an upcoming wedding. You can even pull the dress up at the back if you wanted a smaller gap (more wedding appropriate). Very excited to wear!" —Amelia C.
Get it from Petal & Pup for $69.95 (available in sizes 0–12 and available in two colors).
4. A satin asymmetrical midi dress because the delicate draping makes your body look like a carved marble statue. (TBH this dress is cute enough that it's probably worth immortalizing it in marble!)
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $95 (available in sizes XS–XL).
5. A high-low lace cocktail dress to show some ankle (scandalous!!) and help prevent any embarrassment that might arise from tripping on your dress hem in front of all the other wedding guests (something I would...not...not do).
Promising review: "I bought this dress for a wedding in Arizona. This dress is see through in the back. I love that! It looks so beautiful. I had a lot of compliments, even from the men at the party. I am very happy with my purchase." —Adriana J
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and seven colors).
6. A bandage midi dress for all the other guests with hurt feelings because — damn! — you look so good in this lil' number.
Get it from Boohoo for $60 (available in sizes 12–20 and three colors).
7. A timeless off-the-shoulder evening gown with a thigh slit so absolutely stunning you'll probably get tired of saying, "OMG thank you!" every time someone compliments your dress.
Promising review: "This dress was amazing! I wore it to a formal wedding in Tennessee and no one would have ever guessed it was an Amazon dress." —Andrea Cruz
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and eight colors).
8. A sleeveless lace dress that'll truly surprise you in terms of how nice it looks for the price. Nobody's gonna know (it's from Amazon). How would they know?
FYI, this is included in Prime Wardrobe so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
Promising review: "Perfect dress for a fancy atmosphere! I bought this dress to wear to a family wedding where I wanted to look cute — perhaps even 'good' — but wanted to keep it classy. My dress received a lot of compliments and most importantly it was so comfortable! SOOOO comfortable!!! The dress is true to picture and true to size." —a_bennett
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and 13 colors).
9. An off-the-shoulder maxi dress if you've been invited to a beach wedding and need something that'll make you look like an absolute goddess when it catches a breeze.
Promising review: "I ordered this dress to wear to my cousin’s wedding and let me tell you, I’m so glad I did. I received compliments on this dress all night long! People loved it and I felt amazing in it. If you’re looking for a special occasion dress, you can’t go wrong with this one." —Katelyn Hayden
Get it from Amazon for $46.99+ (available in sizes 4–26 straight, 14–26 plus, and 13 colors).
10. A colorful maxi dress with poufy sleeves because black tie doesn't equal boring.
Get it from Farm Rio for $230 (available in sizes XS–XL).
11. A one-shoulder gown with a sash to make every step feel as dramatic as your very Leo personality. Or, wrap the sash around your neck and it'll feel like a whole new dress.
Promising review: "This was for a wedding and I was a bridesmaid. Let's talk about fabulous!! It fit perfectly and looked amazing. It is something that I will bring on my next cruise!!! I felt so elegant and fabulous in this dress. The quality was great and the material is amazing. It looks exactly like the picture!!! Every single person looked amazing in this dress!" —D lovely
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in sizes 4–22 straight, 4–22 plus, and in eight colors).
12. An elegant empire waist V-neck dress (with a cute lil train!!!) for keeping you comfy during the many long hours between the ceremony and dinner — because the sliders they're serving at cocktail hour are doing little to satiate your hanger.
Promising review: "This is such a beautiful dress. I wore it to a wedding and got many compliments. I am 5'8" and wore flat shoes with this dress. It was a bit long from the back, but I didn't mind because I struggle to find long dresses that will actually cover my ankles." —Mrs. Rochford
Get it from Amazon for $52.99+ (available in sizes 4–26 straight, 10–26 plus, and in 16 colors).
13. Or the version without a train so you have maximum movement range for the bouquet toss. Alternatively, the loose fit allows you to make a mad dash to the bathroom ("coincidentally" timed to match the bouquet toss) if you're tired of hearing, "So when are you and [partner] getting married?"
Promising review: "Beautiful, lightweight, true to size dress! I would suggest getting a slip for under it because if the light hits it just right, it’s a tad see-through. Excited to wear this dress at a summer wedding! The lightweight material will help with the heat." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $42.99+ (available in sizes 4–26 and eight colors).
14. A bow tie strap midi dress that'll stay wrinkle free while you sit through speech after speech after speech.
Get it from Free People for $475 (available in sizes XS–XL and three colors).
15. A convertible dress if you're ready to be wowed by its seemingly infinite configurations. Seriously though! You can rearrange your dress every time you go to the bathroom so no two wedding guests will see the same version.
Promising review: "I bought this dress to wear as a wedding guest. I needed something nice but not too flashy or revealing (because I was going to be around conservative people) and thought this dress would be perfect because I can choose how to wear it at different points in the day. Lengthwise it's really long so some people may feel the need to hem or cut it, but I like my long dresses/skirts dragging on the floor so the length for me is perfect. I really like this dress and think I'll definitely be buying it in other colors. And as a plus, they have excellent customer service. Tina is really nice, helpful and prompt with her responses." —Tee Bow
Get it from Amazon for $49.89+ (available in one size and one size plus, and in 28 colors).