27 Beauty Products That Reviewers Say Last All Day
When these products say "long-wear," they mean it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A cruelty-free lengthening mascara because you're tired of mascaras that don't live up to their promises. This one won't let you down — I promise! It's lightweight, won't transfer, doesn't smudge, and lasts all day. Consider your expectations exceeded!
Promising review: "I usually don’t write reviews, but I had to write one for this mascara. I saw a review for it on Facebook, which directed me to Amazon and for less than $5, I figured what could it hurt to try it. I never expected it to be as good as a $40 mascara! I only wear washable mascara and this stayed on all day with no flecking off at all and no smudges. It easily came off with just soap and water too! The length was good with just one coat, and it stayed wet enough to separate your lashes well before it dried. I liked it so much with just one coat that I didn’t even bother with a second coat. I put on my sunglasses and my eyelashes were touching the glass! Now that’s length and I’m 60 years old!" —P. Blomberg
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
2. A collagen-coating hair treatment that'll revitalize a mane that's dry, damaged, and overprocessed. Waking up with frizz-free hair? Umm, yes please!
Promising review: "First time user. Used on colored hair and split ends. Really worked well. Very silky feel to hair and kept my hair smooth all day. Will buy for stocking stuffer for my family" —Sandybeach
Get it from Amazon for $6.71.
Read our review of Elizavecca's CER-100 Collagen Coating Hair Protein Treatment to learn more about why my colleague calls it, "the miracle product I've been searching for."
3. A moisturizing hair treatment for a quick burst of hydration. In just eight seconds — eight! — it starts working to leave your mane feeling silkier, softer, and smoother after washing for days on end.
Promising review: "My daily hair care routine is short and sweet but I like to spice things up occasionally with a deep treatment like this for an extra boost. This product is perfect for me because it's super fast and easy to use but also produces way more dramatic results than I expected at this price. I have fine, straight hair and there's an obvious improvement in how it looks and feels even before it dries. It's visibly healthier, totally tangle-free, so much shinier, and these benefits last for days!" —Bunny Lava
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
4. A breathable skin tint from Glossier to even out your complexion without sinking into the skin's creases. It isn't as full coverage as a heavier foundation, but it provides ample coverage, blurs blemishes and pores, and leaves behind a dewy finish.
Promising review: "Ahhhhh cannot say enough how much this skin tint is the perfect product. I like a really natural look and even tinted moisturizer can feel too heavy for me. I wear this day to day and on nights out too, and it's just amazing. Just gives a nice even finish! And it lasts all day, it's weightless, and it does not clog pores." —Sp
Get it from Glossier for $26 (available in 12 shades).
5. An eyebrow tint if you're ready to reintroduce brows you can actually see to the world. It lasts up to three days...which means three full days of not having to fill in your brows. Oh! And it means you won't suffer through a lifetime of poorly tattooed brows. A win-win!
6. A lightweight primer so you can apply your makeup to a smooth, even surface and have it stay all day. It's made with green tea extract and collagen to protect and moisturize the skin.
Promising review: "I have very red undertones. Not rosacea, just Irish skin. My skin is also oily. I’m 38 years old and prone to breakouts. This stuff works great! Covers redness, doesn’t turn me into an oil slick and I haven’t broken out because of it. Seems to last all day under makeup, as well. I recommend." —Jolene
Get it from Amazon for $15.50.
7. A L'Oréal glow-enhancing lotion because it pumps up your natural glow either on its own, under makeup, or worn as a highlighter. It's less disco ball, strobe-y highlight and more of a healthy-looking radiance.
Promising review: "Got compliments on my skin the first day I used this product. It's wonderful, lightweight, and stays on all day yet washes off easily. Does not settle into small lines like other makeup does. Gives face a dewy glow. Love this product." —Christina
Get it from Amazon for $10.99 (available in four shades).
8. A Revlon hot air brush that'll help you go from wet, tangled, frizzy hair to a shiny, salon-worthy blowout in minutes.
The brush has special vents that allow air to flow so hair dries faster. Plus, it's quicker than using a dryer and then a flat iron or curling iron, which equals less heat damage.
Promising review: "I was really looking forward to getting this tool and spending some time doing my hair and seeing results but this the tool dried and gave me a beautiful blow out look in about seven minutes LOL so the thrill lasted very little. This is THE best hair tool I have ever owned. No exaggeration; it's that great! Full disclaimer though, my hair is not too thick, not too thin, and definitely not curly; it's just in between so it only too me seven minutes but I couldn't imagine it taking that much longer for thicker or curly hair. Also, it's been 24 hours and my hair still looks flawlessly straight with some volume." —Evelina Nunez
Get it from Amazon for $41.88+ (available in five colors).
9. A NYX buttery gloss for rich, creamy, high-shine color that doesn't feel sticky.
Promising review: "I love wearing lip gloss. I have so many colors especially from NYX Cosmetics, but Ginger Snap is my absolute favorite. This lip gloss goes on nice and smooth, leaves my lips feeling moisturized, and the color lasts on my lips all day. I also love the way that it smells. The lip gloss does not have a sticky feel. This color can go well with any skin tone. I am African American with a dark complexion and when I wear this color it gives more of a nude color. Goes perfect with my skin complexion." —Tosha
Get it from Amazon for $4.97 (available in 31 shades).
10. Embryolisse, a cult-favorite French moisturizing cream to hydrate, protect, soothe, and nourish your skin. Makeup artists also use it as a primer, so consider this a two-for-one value purchase.
Promising review: "So far I am loving this lotion. I put in on every morning under my makeup and it leaves my face perfectly moisturized all day long. I also noticed I use less foundation because it’s so moisturizing. I don’t believe there is any miracle moisturize that will ever get rid of our crows feet, laugh lines, neck sagging, etc. but this moisturizer helps reduce the look of these problems as long as they’re not deep surface. I’m 68 years old and never was someone who was a 'sun worshipper' and, fortunately, stopped smoking in 1980 after smoking for 15 years. Those two things do a lot of damage to your skin, so to all young women reading this who are doing these two things, take it from me, if you want to retain healthy, youthful skin, stop these too harmful habits. Use sunscreen when you are in the sun and use moisturizer now. Embryolisse seems to be a good place to start!" —Janet Cahill
Get it from Amazon for $16.
11. A Rimmel setting spray if you want your makeup to maintain that matte look all day — and by all day, we mean all. day. It controls shine, locks in your makeup, dries quickly, and is oil-free.
Promising review: "This is a really good primer. I have used others and need to reapply those or apply powder regularly. With this one, I apply ONCE and follow it with the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation (NO POWDER at all!) and I'm set for the whole day!!! My face is very oily (I'm 32 and still battling with acne) but this primer and the foundation together are a power duo that keep my face normal throughout the day. When I wear it, I don't have to use blotting paper to remove oil or apply any matte powder to combat shine. My skin is matte but not chalky or anything; it's just awesome." —Liza
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
12. A NYX tinted brow gel so you can groom, tint, and set your brows in one fell swoop. And it won't flake or make your brows look crunchy!
Promising review: "This works perfectly to match my hair and brows. It even tames stray hairs. You need to have some eyebrow hair for this to work for you but it will help fill in color under the fine hairs. And even lasts for 24 hours." —Doc Zier
Get it from Amazon for $5.02+ (available in five shades).
13. A crème to powder waterproof eyeshadow stick because a stay-all-day eyeshadow that won't fade or crease isn't too much to ask for. One end is the eyeshadow stick and the other is a built-in smudger so you don't need any brushes to achieve your eye look. Plus the formula is made with nourishing vitamin E and vitamin C.
Promising review: "I have to do my makeup most mornings with one hand while holding my baby on my hip with the other. Bought this because using an eyeshadow brush and palette became out of the question. I bought this in Stone because I didn't want any glitter or shimmer and it is PERFECT. You can layer it for more intense color or just do one light swipe for a hint of shadow. Stays all day, doesn't crease or smear, even in the blistering 100+ Texas heat. Love this stuff. Worth it all day." —Millennial Mama
Get it from Amazon for $14 (available in 17 shades).
14. An aluminum-free deodorant that'll keep your pits smelling fresh through all your sweaty adventures. It's made with moisturizing shea butter, cocoa butter but won't feel greasy. And parabens, baking soda, dyes, talc, and artificial ingredients are nowhere to be found in this twist stick.
15. A splurge-worthy and dermatologist-recommended Elta MD tinted sunscreen for folks with sensitive skin. Sun protection is important at any age (UV damage can speed up your skin's aging process), and this one will tick all your boxes: not greasy, free of fragrance, noncomedogenic, free of oil, and free of parabens.
Promising review: "This is great. I have been searching for the right physical sun screen for Asian skin for a long time. This provides the perfect amount of tint and gives enough sun protection that last all day. Goes on very easy and smooth. Stains on light colored shirts a bit, but I am willing to take that as a trade off. Great stuff." —Kenji
Get it from Amazon for $34.
16. A Maybelline concealer to mask dark circles and reduce under-eye puffiness (because what is sleep?). This may be what feels like the millionth Monday you've woken up wishing it was still the weekend, but at least you'll look fresh, well-rested, and ready to take on the day.
Promising review: "I am a 30-year-old female. I have extremely dark under eye circles. Honestly that is the only reason I wear make up — to cover them. I've used numerous kinds of concealers. Tarte Shape Tape, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder (assorted kinds), IT Cosmetics Bye Bye under eye, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Mac, and Bobbi Brown. I usually spend anywhere from $25–30 on one tube of concealer and still feel unsatisfied with the coverage. Or it looks too heavy and thick by the time I set with a damp makeup sponge and powder (accentuating my under eye fine lines). This little gem is great. I use this concealer every day instead of all my high end brand concealers. It's full coverage, buildable, lasts all day, not drying and not too liquidy. I'm so happy I gave this a try, will definitely be keeping this baby in my every day makeup bag." —Brittney
Get it from Amazon for $5.46 (available in 18 shades).
Check out my colleague's Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Concealer review and learn why it's her favorite.
17. A hair wax stick if you don't want to deal with the mess of a gel or hairspray. Reviewers swear by it for laying their wigs, relaxed hair, and edges without looking greasy. A little goes a long way with this one!
It goes without saying that you 100% do not need to lay your edges if you don't want to!
Promising review: "OMG love this product and it lasted all day! Finally an easy neat solution to edge control. Great price too." —A. Harleaux
Get it from Amazon for $9.75.
18. A leave-in conditioning cream so your curls are protected and hydrated all dang day thanks to potent ingredients like rice milk (contains vitamins A, D, and B12), macadamia seed oil (helps prevent breakage), and slippery elm bark (softens and smooths).
19. A hydrating lip balm made with honey, plant oils, and shea butter because it's so dang moisturizing that you will never — and I really mean never — stray from it.
Nuxe's Rêve de Miel lip balm is truly holy grail-tier IMHO. I bought my first pot at a pharmacy in Paris after hearing British beauty bloggers rave about it — and it did not disappoint. It's quite thick when you first apply but it literally melts on your lips when you rub it in. It feels hydrating without being sticky, and a little goes a long way. My lips are basically never chapped — not even in the middle of winter — thanks to this dreamy lip salve. I'm pretty sure Nuxe stopped selling this in the US, so we are truly blessed that Amazon carries it. (Seriously, I love this lip balm so much that I accepted two pots of it as payment for house-sitting for a month.)
Promising review: "This stuff works amazingly well. I can put it on at night and can still feel it on my lips in the morning. Keeps my stupidly dry, flaky lips soft all day. It is a beeswax-based balm, which I love, but if you aren't used to it, it can be very different from most typical lip balms. It's stiff, thick, matte, and gets smoother and sinks in a bit as you work it in with the heat of your fingers and lips. Not slippery, glossy, or oily at all. I will probably only ever buy this one now as I have never had anything work as well at keeping my very touchy lips soft and moisturized." —trinabean
Get it from Amazon for $24.
20. A clear eyebrow gel to hold each hair in place so your brows always look perfectly groomed. Plus you don't have to worry about finding a color that matches your natural hair since this one is clear.
Promising review: "I have naturally thick eyebrows. My right eyebrow doesn’t grow the right direction, so I’m always having to fix it throughout the day. I don’t wear makeup often, so when I do I want it to look good without me having to fix my eyebrows every 30 minutes. This stuff is so easy to use, and it’s exactly what I needed! My eyebrows stay in place ALL day long. It feels a little weird because there’s something foreign on my face, LOL. But like I said, I don’t wear makeup often. So I’m sure it will feel normal after the first few times of using it." —Jenny
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
21. A creamy NYX lip liner for preventing your lipstick from feathering and bleeding into the fine lines around your mouth. This has such great color payoff, though, that you might want to just wear it on its own.
Promising review: "I actually use this lip liner to fill in my lips for an all-day lipstick. It is smooth, feels light, and isn’t sticky. For the value and money it is great! It is the perfect shade of nude. I use this along with another NYX pencil and the NYX Butter Gloss for the perfect all-day lipstick that is mask friendly!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $4+ (available in 16 shades).
22. A cruelty-free and vegan Milani baked blush to make those cheeks pop! It comes with a mini brush to help you expertly build up coverage so you're literally glowing all day.
Promising review: "I'm picky about blush but decided to try a new brand since I couldn't get my fave. This is a great color, goes on easy. It lasts all day, too, even under face mask. It is a compact with a mirror inside and a small application brush. I really like this product. I definitely can recommend." —Susie
Get it from Amazon for $6.39+ (available in nine shades).
23. A long-wear lip tint if you want a weightless formula that packs a punch when it comes to color payoff and longevity.
24. A winged eyeliner stamp so you can achieve matching cat-eyes in seconds. Just stamp the wings and use the liner pen on the other end to connect it to your inner corner. That's eyeliner done for the day!
Promimsing review: "I have to say I really love this product. It comes with two pens: a left and right stamp along with the felt pen tip on each pen as well. The stamp took a little getting used to but once I got it right it was very easy. It took only a few seconds to dry, and when I messed up, it wiped off easily. I used no primer or anything under it just to see how well it would stay, and 24 hours later it’s still on my eyelids with no smudging! You can use just the felt tip if you don’t want the cat eyes, so it's very versatile. I’m really liking this product so far!! If anyone is afraid of allergies because I’m sensitive to pretty much everything I had no issues there as well." —AZGirl
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in three sizes).
25. A kajal eyeliner pen because its dreamy, creamy, long-lasting formula = major eye drama that won't run and leave you looking like a raccoon.
Kulfi Beauty is a woman-owned small business started by Priyanka Ganjoo, who wanted to see South Asians represented in the beauty industry. And JSYK, kulfi is a type of South Asian ice cream. Yum!
Promising review: "I like how easily the eyeliner goes on! And stays put all day long!" —Camille M.
Get it from Kulfi Beauty for $20 (available in five shades).
26. An eye primer to ensure your flawless smoky eye isn't ruined by your chronically oily eyelids on a night out.
Promising review: "This is the BEST eyeshadow primer I have EVER used!!! I have a line on my eyelid and this primer doesn't let it show. My eyeshadow looks flawless and lasts longer than 24 hours!! This has replaced all other eye shadow primers for me. I won't use ANYTHING else!! You only need a tiny bit. It is also half the price of my former go to eyeshadow primer. It is worth every penny!" —DollFace
Get it from Amazon for $13.48.
27. A Coty setting powder for help regulating your skin's oil production so you can face — pun intended! — another sweaty day like a pro. This long-lasting loose powder also smooths the appearance of fine lines and blemishes (looking at you, adult acne).
Promising review: "OK so I bought into the social media fad and bought this powder. I've been seeing it for months and finally thought, 'What the hell do I have to loose?' Let me tell you. I am not disappointed one bit. This power cover every single bit of the greasy shine. I have combination skin, oily and dry at the same time in different areas of my face. Dry on jawline greasy in my T-zone. And this covers it all. It's AMAZING. The best part? IT STAYS ON ALL DAY. And just to put into perspective how much that means coming from me, I work at a kennel so I'm around dogs and cats all day long, taking them for walks, easily walking a few miles in TEXAS weather, and it STAYS. If I get licked or something, obviously I have to reapply but mostly it stays on. I will say my only slight complaint is that it kinda smells like my grandmother, still a nice smell though." —Kirstin Modgling
Get it from Amazon for $5.72+ (available in six shades).