Just 29 Products For Your Backyard That Are Functional As Hell
Including a pizza insert that'll turn your charcoal grill into a professional pizza oven, a portable giant movie screen, and a lawn mowing robot.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An outdoor drink stakes set to securely hold your glass of lemonade in a safe spot. No more setting your soda on the grass only for it to fall over on the uneven ground, get kicked accidentally, or be invaded by ants.
2. A set of color-changing inflatable pool balls that'll entice you to actually get in the pool, even if it's just to pose with your new lights for Instagram. Each ball is solar-powered and will last about eight hours on a charge.
3. A pool floaties organizer so you can store your inflatable unicorn, beach balls, and pool noodles in one place instead of sighing disappointedly after realizing that the kids left their pool toys everywhere.
4. A durable dog/kiddie pool for sweltering hot days when the only reasonable thing to do is hop in the pool. These are portable and fold down so you can store them in the garage for next summer. And reviewers say they're sturdy enough to stand up to pups roughhousing in them.
5. An LED bug-zapping lamp because it creates a 500-square-foot pest-free zone so you can finally enjoy your patio again. Shoo, fly, don't bother me indeed!
6. Or a nontoxic disposable hanging fly trap if your garden is overrun by these buzzing pests. Once the bag is full, simply discard it!
7. A portable 92-inch movie screen to upgrade your family's movie night. It's lightweight yet sturdy, and reviewers say setup takes mere minutes.
8. The FrogLog, an escape ramp you put in your pool that'll save the unfortunate critters who might otherwise drown.
9. A Nerf ball launcher so you can blast tennis balls all the way across your yard and your pooch can hit full speed.
10. Or a Chuckit! ball launcher for exhausting your energetic pup with minimum effort on your part. You'll both have a ball — literally and figuratively!
11. A glow-in-the-dark ball because playtime doesn't have to end when the sun goes down. It's compatible with tennis ball launchers, and reviewers say it's surprisingly durable.
12. A zero gravity lounge chair if regular outdoor chairs make sitting comfortably near impossible. The design of this seat helps improve your posture while reducing pressure on your body so you can chill on your back porch for hours without pain.
13. A fire pit to bring the family together outdoors with fun fall activities like roasting s'mores. I already foresee many nights spent curled up in front of the fire pit sipping hot apple cider.
14. A cozy hanging swing that'll do the dang job and do it well thanks to its durable, weather-resistant steel construction and thick woven wicker. It's the perfect cozy outdoor reading nook, and will look great for Instagram photos.
15. A weather-resistant wooden path so you can get from point A to point B in style. This 8-foot pathway comes joined so you can plop it anywhere you're envisioning a new walkway. And when it needs to be cleaned, just hose it off with water!
16. A convertible folding bench for when you're chilling on a bench and suddenly think, "Oh wait. Wouldn't it be great if I could turn this bench into...a picnic table?" It's fab for smaller yards where there isn't room for a separate pieces.
17. A sunshade triangle because it creates some much-needed shade in your backyard. This heavy-duty sunshade is designed to block up to 95% of UV rays while shielding you from the sun to keep you cool.
18. A splurge-worthy yet functional pop-up tent if you're determined to enjoy your backyard no matter the weather. It's roomy enough for you and several friends (but it's also great if you just want a spacious and serene spot to get away from everyone and everything).
20. A set of powerful solar-powered disc lights that'll illuminate any dark spots in your backyard. They're waterproof, automatically turn on and off, and provide up to 10 hours of bright light.
21. A durable outdoor rug so you can keep the dirt outside where it belongs instead of all over the living room carpet.
22. An outdoor pillow for adding a pop of color to your outdoor dining set and just the right amount of lumbar support.
23. A soil test kit because you can't expect a bountiful harvest without knowing more about the soil that's supposed to nurture your plants. This lil' hand-sized gadget will tell you your soil's moisture and pH levels as well as how much sun you're getting.
24. A Seeding Square kit if you've struggled in the past with sowing your seeds at juuuust the right distance so they have room to thrive.
25. A bamboo mason bee house to encourage this buzzing pollinator to hang out in your garden — and fertilize your flowers, fruit and nut trees, and berry plants.
27. A stainless-steel insert so you can enjoy fancy schmancy custom pies at home. This kit converts your charcoal grill so your 'za tastes like it's straight from a restaurant's pizza oven.
28. A 2-in-1 picnic basket and table for when you want to have a cute lil' lunch in your backyard and you need an even surface to put your stuff. Well let me tell you: this guy will hold your food and drinks, he'll transform into a sturdy table, and he'll look darn good doing it.
29. A robot lawn mower because you probably don't need a robot to mow your law for you, but you 1,000% want it.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.