1. First, here’s her TEDxTeen talk. She talks about what it means to be a “strong female character,” and how women are often portrayed as flat and uncomplicated.
“The problem with this is that people then expect women to be that easy to understand, and women are mad at themselves for not being that simple. When in actuality, women are complicated. Women are multi-faceted. Not because women are crazy, but because people are crazy and women happen to be people.”
2. She started rookiemag.com.
Rookie is, according to their site, “an online publication for teenage girls featuring writing, photography, illustrations, videos, and more from a lovely staff and our readers. The site features monthly “issues,” each revolving around a theme. We post just three times a day – after school, after dinner, and before bed.”
It evolved from Tavi’s blog, Style Rookie.
5. She’s fierce.
6. She taught Jimmy Fallon how to bitchface.
8. She tells us to “just be Stevie Nicks.”
“Like, that’s all you have to do. Because, my favorite thing about her, other than, like, everything, is that she is very—has always been, unapologetically present on stage, and unapologetic about her flaws, and about reconciling all of her contradictory feelings, and she makes you listen to them, and think about them.”
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.