1. First, here’s her TEDxTeen talk. She talks about what it means to be a “strong female character,” and how women are often portrayed as flat and uncomplicated.
“The problem with this is that people then expect women to be that easy to understand, and women are mad at themselves for not being that simple. When in actuality, women are complicated. Women are multi-faceted. Not because women are crazy, but because people are crazy and women happen to be people.”
2. She started rookiemag.com.
Rookie is, according to their site, “an online publication for teenage girls featuring writing, photography, illustrations, videos, and more from a lovely staff and our readers. The site features monthly “issues,” each revolving around a theme. We post just three times a day – after school, after dinner, and before bed.”
It evolved from Tavi’s blog, Style Rookie.
5. She’s fierce.
6. She taught Jimmy Fallon how to bitchface.
8. She tells us to “just be Stevie Nicks.”
“Like, that’s all you have to do. Because, my favorite thing about her, other than, like, everything, is that she is very—has always been, unapologetically present on stage, and unapologetic about her flaws, and about reconciling all of her contradictory feelings, and she makes you listen to them, and think about them.”
- As they succumbed to smoke inhalation, the Oakland warehouse fire victims texted their loved ones and some embraced, authorities said.
- Former Sen. Bob Dole's law firm was paid $20,000 a month to lobby for Taiwan — and played a role in Trump's call with the president.
- It's finally here: You can now like comments on Instagram, and people are excited about it 😍📷
- Grammy nominations: Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶