Buying a house is never easy, but if you're in the market this year, odds are it's been A LOT more challenging than you expected.
So if you're feeling stressed, confused, or burned out by the process, you're definitely not alone. Thankfully, these TikTok creators made some hilarious and darkly relatable videos that probably sum up exactly what you're going through.
1. In this video, TikTok user @johnsonfiles auctions off an apple as a stand-in for a house. The bidding starts at $5, the first offer is $10, and from there, it escalates QUICKLY.
2. In this video, user @jarrodbenson asks, "Have you ever tried to buy a house?" and then uses a series of images to describe what it's like.
3. As a person who grew up in California, where home prices are extra ridiculous, I felt this TikTok by @colorsofchloe hit really close to home. In the video, creepy music plays as she ponders her options for buying a house.
4. This video by user @mattcolbo has a real estate agent showing a literal shed with no appliances, a rodent infestation, and a broken dishwasher on the roof. The price tag? Oh, just $850,000.
5. Now we've got a wild home auction skit from user @melefante6. When his naive main character bids the asking price of $300,000 on a listing, the real estate agent laughs at him, and buyers making huge cash and bitcoin bids drive the price waaaaaaay up.
6. And this TikTok by user @metalmanonline will speak to anyone whose current living situation isn't exactly ideal.
7. This video by user @ksanteemedia officially puts real estate agents on notice. "Real estate agents be like, now is the best time to sell your house. Well then you sell your house."
8. And I'm willing to bet that you've come across some homes with deal breakers you never even knew existed, like in this video that user @themistershade posted. He wrote, "We thought about making an offer on this house until we saw these stairs."
9. Speaking of deal breakers, in this video, user @conleyadventures shows a series of nightmare properties captioned with their real estate speak descriptions (think: "a unique property") and out-of-control asking prices.
10. And finally, this video by @thebeesnee is just exactly what it feels like when you've spent years saving up for a down payment and reach your goal just in time to see the housing market go absolutely off the rails.
Good luck out there, everyone! Here's hoping this hot housing market cools off soon.
Are you trying to buy a house right now? Share what it's been like for you in the comments.
And for more stories about money, check out the rest of our personal finance posts.