1. Here’s the National Review’s cover:
2. Here’s the photo it was apparently taken from:
Notice Norquist peering over Rubio’s left shoulder.
3. Update: National Review editor Rich Lowry sent the following statement:
“Sorry, Grover. But our extensive market research shows that partially obscured bearded anti-tax activists do very poorly on our covers. In addition to a partial Grover head, we removed a detached arm and a few other random heads from the image to make it more visually clean and to focus on the politicians in the foreground. The table of contents of the issue contains this disclaimer: ‘The cover image was altered slightly, to remove people standing in the background.’”
- Refugee families are being torn apart by British bureaucracy. Processing delays and bureaucratic barriers are separating families by thousands of miles.
- After announcing he had raised $5.6 million for veterans organizations, Donald Trump blasted reporters for asking critical questions about the money.
- In a spree of gun violence across Chicago, at least 68 people were injured — six of whom died — by Monday night of Memorial Day weekend.