1. “Who would do such a thing?”
Prove that you’re surprised. After all, who WOULD take food that’s just sitting there looking incredible and losing warmth every second it goes uneaten?
2. “Maybe they thought you were done.”
Offer a practical explanation. Appear sympathetic to all parties involved. After all, you’re not to blame.
3. “Have you asked anyone else about it?”
Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.
4. “What do you want me to say?”
Keep the pressure on them.
5. “I know what you’re thinking… but no.”
Defend yourself. Just don’t put anything in writing.
6. “Is there video?”
Know what you’re dealing with.
7. “I gotta go.”
You have the right to remain silent.