Servings: 6 people
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
1 cup (250ml) Warm Milk, around 110℉ (45°C)
1/3 cup (75g) Unsalted Butter, melted
1/3 cup (70g) Granulated White Sugar
2 1/4 tsp (8g) Active Dry or Quick Rise Yeast
1 Egg, whisked
3 1/4 cup (489g) All-Purpose Flour plus more for dusting
1 tsp (5g) Salt
Drizzle Olive Oil
Ingredients (Cinnamon Pear Filling)
6 Pears, peeled, cored and diced
3 tbsp (42g) Unsalted Butter
1 cup (200g) Brown Sugar, packed
1 tbsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Saigon Cinnamon
½ tsp McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Nutmeg
2 tsp (10 ml) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
½ cup Confectioners (Icing) Sugar
¼ tsp Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Milk or Water
1. In a large mixing bowl, add warm milk, melted butter, granulated white sugar and yeast. Gently whisk together then set aside for 10 minutes, or until foamy. Add in egg, and whisk until combined.
2. Gradually stir in flour and salt until dough begins to form (the dough will be slightly sticky). Transfer to a floured surface and knead by hand for 2 minutes until the dough forms into a smooth elastic round ball. Place dough back in a bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil and smooth over the surface of the dough then cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, in a non-stick sauté pan, over medium heat add the pears, butter, brown sugar, McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Saigon Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Sauté until the pears become soft, about 10-12 minutes. Then remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and cut into 2 equal pieces. Working with 1 dough piece at a time, roll the dough into a large rectangle. Spread ¾ of the cinnamon pear mixture over the dough, then add the second layer of dough on top and cut lengthwise in half. Add the remaining cinnamon pear mixture on one half, then flip the other half on top. Cut crosswise into 4 equal squares.
5. Carefully transfer each dough square, one beside the other into a lightly greased loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for ½ hour or until the dough almost reaches the top. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden and baked through.
6. While bread is baking, make the glaze. Mix confectioners (icing) sugar, vanilla extract and milk or water in a bowl. Remove bread from the oven and let cool for 10 – 12 minutes, then glaze and enjoy!