2. Vin Diesel opened up about losing his longtime friend Paul Walker on Live With Kelly and Michael Friday morning, saying, “It’s one of the darker moments in my journey.”
Paul Walker, 40, died in a car crash in November with friend Roger Rodas, 38, who was behind the wheel at the time their car hit a light pole north of Los Angeles.
The crash occurred during production for Fast and Furious 7, the latest edition in the hugely popular franchise, which had featured Walker in all but one film.
The movie was completed with the help of special computer effects, and Paul Walker’s own brothers were used to fill in scenes. The movie is set to be released in April.
Paul Walker (left) and Vin Diesel, are shown in a scene from Fast and Furious.
4. Co-host Michael Strahan asked Diesel on air Friday about the release of Fast and Furious 7 and filming the movie without Walker.
“It’s a heavy thing, Michael. You know?” Diesel replied. “I grew up in the bouncer world, and we lost people while we were bouncing. But the brotherhood in Paul Walker was something completely different. It was someone that we — we grew up in the business together, and we became famous together, and we represented the biggest franchise together, and he was my partner, and it’s a strange thing to — I’ve been acting all my life and they don’t teach you in acting, how to mourn someone and simultaneously pretend they’re in a scene with you.”
“It’s one of the darker moments in my journey,” Diesel added, while becoming emotional. “You know, guys — it’s a rough one.”
5. Watch Diesel talk about Walker below:
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was a subject of the "Serial" podcast, is getting a new trial.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.