The adult lions were a 16-year-old male and 14-year-old female.
“Because of the pride of lions’ natural structure and behaviour, the zoo has had to euthanise the two old lions and two young lions who were not old enough to fend for themselves,” Copenhagen zoo said.
The giraffe was killed despite public outrage, because the Zoo said it wanted to improve its breeding program.
The director of a wildlife park in the Netherlands, Robert Krijuff, said he made a last-minute offer to take the giraffe that was rejected.
10. The manager of the Danish zoo said he received death threats after Marius was put down.
The new male will be introduced in a few days to the zoo’s two female lions, who were born in 2012 and have reached breeding age.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋