1. On Sunday night, Steve Harvey, while hosting the Miss Universe 2015 contest, announced the wrong winner.
Steve Harvey holds up the card showing the winners after he incorrectly announced the winner at the Miss Universe pageant on Sunday in Las Vegas.
He said the runner-up — Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutierrez — was the winner and the crown was placed on her head. A moment later, he corrected himself and the crown was removed and instead given to Miss Philippines, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach.
People took to Twitter to express their disbelief over the shocking blunder.
3. There were a lot of Family Feud jokes. Harvey has hosted the game show since 2010.
4. What if the wrong team has been winning Family Feud for years?
6. Well, other people acknowledged it could’ve been even more embarrassing.
7. They compared Harvey’s move to Kanye West’s notorious 2009 interruption of Taylor Swift’s win.
8. Although, Harvey still had a few defenders.
9. Some people thought his snafu actually would make him a good candidate for other hosting gigs:
10. Maybe he’d be a good GOP debate moderator.
11. Or maybe he could host the Westminster Dog Show.
12. Others were just super happy for Miss Philippines’ victory.
13. But people on Twitter also worried about how Colombia was reacting, alluding to the notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar.
14. Good luck, Harvey.
- President Trump lashed out at the media again on Saturday afternoon during a fiery campaign-style rally in Melbourne, Florida.
- The most powerful storm in years to hit Southern California battered the region Friday with heavy rain and winds.
- A Washington DC public school has fired back at Education Secretary Betsy DeVos after she criticized its teachers.
- A gay teen was kicked out of his house, and people are loving how this rapper helped him out 🌈 💜