1. On Sunday night, Steve Harvey, while hosting the Miss Universe 2015 contest, announced the wrong winner.
Steve Harvey holds up the card showing the winners after he incorrectly announced the winner at the Miss Universe pageant on Sunday in Las Vegas.
He said the runner-up — Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutierrez — was the winner and the crown was placed on her head. A moment later, he corrected himself and the crown was removed and instead given to Miss Philippines, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach.
People took to Twitter to express their disbelief over the shocking blunder.
3. There were a lot of Family Feud jokes. Harvey has hosted the game show since 2010.
4. What if the wrong team has been winning Family Feud for years?
6. Well, other people acknowledged it could’ve been even more embarrassing.
7. They compared Harvey’s move to Kanye West’s notorious 2009 interruption of Taylor Swift’s win.
8. Although, Harvey still had a few defenders.
9. Some people thought his snafu actually would make him a good candidate for other hosting gigs:
10. Maybe he’d be a good GOP debate moderator.
11. Or maybe he could host the Westminster Dog Show.
12. Others were just super happy for Miss Philippines’ victory.
13. But people on Twitter also worried about how Colombia was reacting, alluding to the notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar.
14. Good luck, Harvey.
- The US Department of Justice will keep defending Muslims under Donald Trump, top Obama administration officials said Monday.
- The UK prison service is suppressing evidence of corruption among its guards, fueling violence behind bars.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️😂