3. “Jump” was released in 1992 and spent eight weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
“Jump” sampled the Jackson 5’s “I Want You Back.” It became the fastest-selling single in 15 years.
4. “Warm It Up” was the follow-up to “Jump” and it also went gold.
6. They even made a cameo in Michael Jackson’s “Jam.”
7. Kris Kross also appeared in TLC’s “Hat 2 Da Back.”
8. There was even a video game made that allowed players to control the duo’s music videos.
It was ranked 18th worst video game on Electronic Gaming Monthly’s list of the “20 Worst Games of All Time.”
10. Although, “Alright” off of Da Bomb did go gold.
11. Kris Kross also recorded the “Rugrats rap” for Nickelodeon, which was released on VHS in 1994.
13. The album featured the rap ballad “Tonite’s tha Night.”
15. But on Feb. 23, 2013, Kris Kross reunited and performed “Warm It Up,” “Jump,” and “Live and Die for Hip-Hop.”
The rap duo reunited for the So So Def Anniversary All Star Concert, which was a 20th anniversary celebration of Jermaine Dupri’s label.
16. Chris Kelly was pronounced dead in Atlanta on May 1, 2013.
Rapper Chris Kelly of ‘Kris Kross’ found dead at age 34 in his home - @11alive http://t.co/fvCvoBZ0sq— Breaking News
17. Statement from Donna Kelly Pratte (mother) & The So So Def Family regarding the passing of Chris Kelly:
“It is with deep sadness that we announce that our beloved Chris Kelly has passed away on May 1. To millions of fans worldwide, he was the trendsetting, backwards pants-wearing one-half of Kris Kross who loved making music. But to us, he was just Chris – the kind, generous and fun-loving life of the party. Though he was only with us a short time, we feel blessed to have been able to share some incredible moments with him. His legacy will live on through his music, and we will forever love him.”
- The trial to watch in Trump's America: A doctor faces a manslaughter charge after his patient died following an abortion.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- The Supreme Court threw out a $399 million judgment against Samsung over the iPhone's design.
- Grammy nominations are out. Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶