2. The charges include the vehicle as a deadly weapon. Campbell could face life in prison if convicted.
In this image taken from a security camera, pedestrians scatter as a car drives through a packed afternoon crowd along the Venice Beach boardwalk.
3. Campbell is accused of driving his vehicle onto the boardwalk, killing 32-year-old Alice Gruppioni of Italy.
Katia Gruppioni, center, aunt of Italian newlywed Alice Gruppioni, who was killed in Saturday’s hit-and-run on the Venice boardwalk, and Gruppioni’s father-in-law, Piero Casadei, comfort each other near a makeshift memorial.
A card showing the photo of Italian newlywed Alice Gruppioni, left, and her husband Christian Casadei, is placed on a makeshift memorial for Gruppioni along Ocean Front Walk in Venice Beach.
5. And injuring eight women and eight men.
Injured pedestrians are attended to after a car crashes into pedestrians on the boardwalk in Venice Beach Saturday in this handout photo courtesy of Maarten Smitskamp.
6. Campbell abandoned his 2008 Dodge Avenger a few miles from the incident and turned himself into Santa Monica police about two hours later.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- This girl totally trolled Donald Trump's son by getting a photo with him in a "Latina Against Trump" shirt — in Spanish 😬
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- Round of applause: This teen got a standing ovation for her high school presentation on white privilege.