1. Up to 11 dolls were left in front of California homes where young girls around the age of 10 were living. The dolls raised serious concerns among the families that received them, because they bear a striking resemblance to their young daughters.
“Families in each of the homes where porcelain dolls were left voiced concern that the dolls resembled their daughters,” the Orange County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release.
Some of the girls attend the same elementary school, and they all live in the same residential development, known as Talega, Lt. Jeff Hallock said.
2. The dolls were found by the families in the early mornings over the past week. No notes or threatening messages were attached to the dolls, which Hallock called “creepy or very unusual.”
“(Someone) found a China doll on her stoop that looked like her daughter,” resident Mary Robin Baziak said. “Her daughter has brown hair, tan skin, and the doll literally had olive skin and brown hair.”
3. Investigators located the person who left the porcelain dolls, the sheriff’s department said Thursday night. She said the dolls were left in “goodwill.”
4. The female adult who left the dolls was a community church member clearing out a doll collection, who decided to “surprise” neighbors, NBC 4 reported.
5. The dolls were not considered a crime, Hallock said.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎