On Monday night the first candlelight vigil for Gray was held at East 52nd St. and Tilden Ave., where Gray was fatally shot. As nearly 100 people marched towards the precinct station about 20 blocks away from the vigil site, a riot broke out. On Tuesday night another vigil was held at 52nd Street and Church Avenue, but similarly to Monday night the marchers were blocked by a row of police officers. For the third consecutive night now, a confrontation between marchers and the police has erupted in regards to the death of Gray. It was confirmed earlier today that Gray was shot seven times.
2. Early reports of Wednesday night’s riot:
Brooklyn: Utica Ave & Church Ave Riot with Large gathering in regards the fatal police involved shooting, Bricks being thrown at NYPD cars.— NY Scanner
The scene in East Flatbush right now. http://t.co/zvDNWEiiuj— Ryan Devereaux
4. Reports that a police car was smashed and that cops sprayed mace.
Bricks are being thrown. Kids carrying cement. Cop car got smashed. Cop maced a few kids.— Danny Gold
Intersection of Snyder and Nostrand. http://t.co/BI5B4XIDxX— Ryan Devereaux
6. The NYPD orders everyone to the sidewalk.
NYPD are holding the line and not allowing the group into the streets in East Flatbush, Brooklyn http://t.co/CMRCI0PDfF— BuzzFeed News
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- An Australian teen who was subjected to detention abuse has written a letter thanking the public for its support.