2. In order to win the records, Jiff had to run the two races in front of the Guinness judges in under ten seconds.
Jiff succeeded in breaking both records on the first try; he completed the 10-meter hind leg race in 6.56 seconds, and the 5-meter front paw race in 7.76 seconds.
“When Jiff first walked into our offices, we weren’t even sure he was real!” Guinness World Records Editor-in-Chief Craig Glenday said. “He looks like a living, breathing cuddly toy. He might be tiny but he’s got a huge personality, and his wealth of talents can’t be doubted.”
Jiff’s records are the first reveal in the 2015 edition of Guinness World Records, which unveils its 60th-anniversary issue this September.
4. Jiff was born in Illinois, but moved to Los Angeles in 2013 to pursue his acting career and is now represented by Zero Gravity Management.
The young Pomeranian has appeared in commercials for Target and Banana Republic, was recently featured in Lucky Magazine, acted in the family movie Adventures of Bailey: A Night in Cowtown, and is a regular on ABC’s Good Morning America.
5. Jiff’s most well-known role is in Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse,” which recently won MTV’s Video Music Award for best female video.
7. He also sticks to a strict diet of whatever he wants to eat.*
8. He loves pizza, because who doesn’t.
9. Fries are another Jiff favorite.
10. And occasionally he opts for a fresh salad.
*Actually, Jiff eats dry dog food.
11. This has been quite the year for Jiff, who has seen his acting career flourish and has now been inducted into Guinness World Records. In addition, “Jiff Day” was declared in L.A. by the City Council on Aug. 20 to honor the multi-talented dog.
Councilmember Tom LaBonge photographed with Jiff as he walks through City Hall.
12. Follow Jiff on Instagram for regular doggy updates.
- Thousands made it to the Women's March on Washington on Saturday to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, were much larger than for the inauguration.
- Surrounded by penguins, people all the way in Antarctica participated in the Women's March on Saturday ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America got creative and made some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.