2. Slayer posted this statement on Facebook:
Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.
Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)
Jeff Hanneman was a guitarist and founding member of Slayer. The thrash metal band was founded in 1981 with guitarist Kerry King and drummer Dave Lombardo in Southern California. They quickly recruited bassist and vocalist Tom Araya. Hanneman had performed with the band until 2011 when he contracted Necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh eating bacteria that he probably got from a spider bite.
5. Hanneman arranged many of the songs on Slayer’s most iconic album Reign in Blood, including “Raining Blood.”
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭