2. Slayer posted this statement on Facebook:
Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.
Our Brother Jeff Hanneman, May He Rest In Peace (1964 - 2013)
Jeff Hanneman was a guitarist and founding member of Slayer. The thrash metal band was founded in 1981 with guitarist Kerry King and drummer Dave Lombardo in Southern California. They quickly recruited bassist and vocalist Tom Araya. Hanneman had performed with the band until 2011 when he contracted Necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh eating bacteria that he probably got from a spider bite.
5. Hanneman arranged many of the songs on Slayer’s most iconic album Reign in Blood, including “Raining Blood.”
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞